HAS Auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: HAS Auction

Another great auction! Sorry I ran off with almost all of the Aponogetons... But I will keep my promises if they do well! (Arm's first in line, though)
    Thanks to everyone at HAS for a wonderful time.  
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

It would have been great if everyone had name tags.  I'm finding that alot of people from fishbox and elsewhere were there and I didn't know it.  It would have been nice to put faces with names.

Raul
      Raul
      PokerFace

Comment

The auction was a blast! Got some fish for our church tank, and some for me!! :wink: I was very happy to see the variety of plants there, got some of those too! It was fun!!

Comment

The Auction was a fun time.  I definately learned a few lessons as well  :?
          After some of those lessons, I am VERY GLAD they had beer to be served

I got some really nice fish that I needed.  That big Brisstlenose beat down a Tropheus and took his cave when I got him home.  Its funny, but kinda sad..

Thanks a million to Raul for getting me out there, and taking care of somethings for me.

Till next time...

Geoff
          380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
          300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
          180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
          150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Comment

Yeah....thanks for the beer Geoff...LOL.  I had a great time, wish I could have stayed longer.  Probably good on the wallet that I didn't..LOL.

Who do we contact to get a final dollar figure on what we sold at the auction?  I couldn't stay long enough to see my final items sell.  If anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

-Michael

Comment

I had a lot of fun was able to hold my self from buying to much it was hard not to buy more than I got. I need to go buy a bigger tank before the next one. So I will start saving money now. Thanks HAS!!
              Resident fish bum
              330G FOWLR
              34G Reef
              330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
              28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
              Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

i had a great time! I was too chicken to wear a name tag but I bought tons of fish, They had a great variety.
                2 75s, 125,55,25 and 14 gallon tank

Comment

The HAS auction was GREAT !!!! My first auction was the March Spring auction, which was good. But this auction was double the size in attendance and in "items up for auction". I also liked the fact that there were alot of "serious bidders". (even though they outbidded me on some items :evil:  :wink: ) If you did not get a chance to attend this auction, "YOU TRULY MISSED OUT" on a lot of quality fish.

Comment

Fantastic amount of goodies for sale.  Hard to believe it lasted that long and as usual towards the end there were some fantastic bargans to be had.   I was dissapointed that the VFW didn't have their usual steaks so I did a quick dash to DQ for lunch and when I got back a parking space was almost impossable to find.

I'm in the process of setting up a new planted tank and I was able to get some nice pleco & tetras to stock it with.

Even managed to meet some friends in the parking lot for a little private trade of some breeding stock.  (Thanks for the Beautiful Bettas Lucky)
                    'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
                    He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

It was my first fish auction since..the 70's?I think that was just an auction to sell of the guppies that had been shipped in and shown. I still remember the pair of show guppies I just had to bid on, even though they were worn out from their ordeal and never did too well.  I find I still can't resist bringing home a bagful of guppies, and they had some nice ones! Thanks to whover brought so many nice fish of all kinds.  I said I was going for plants, mostly, but came home with an assortment of babies (better figure where they're all going when they get older!) a nice chunk of wood,a girlfriend for my Bristlenose Pleco, and my booby prize win of a blue wood shrimp that I bid on when I thought I was bidding on a bag of guppies the other guy was holding, LOL.  Actually, now that I have him home, I'm quite proud of my shrimp. He's very cool.  
                      Met a couple of Fishbox members, but had hoped to meet more. Next time, guys, more name tags, please !
                      Had a great time and the people running things were super. Many thanks !

Polly
                      MY MANTRA: Yes, I CAN have too many fishtanks!

Comment

I'm wondering how the $60 kuhlis are doing...!
                        "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

I was wondering when someone would bring those up....LOL.  I guess that guy or his girlfriend REALLY wanted those loaches!!!!!

Comment

It's been a long time since I've seen Khuli loaches for sale in your everyday fish store, like they used to be. I'd have liked to have had those too, but not that bad ! Anyway, I have my fancy shrimp to provide for.
                            MY MANTRA: Yes, I CAN have too many fishtanks!

Comment

i'd like to know that too mzungu.....i wanted alot of things that went for way out of my range.....and then there was somebody that took my plants that i wanted....they kept outbidding me.... :wink: ...but knowing them....i am hoping for a pinch off that one when it gets going....and i need to give that piece of water sprite to you too....and you know who you are......
                              cichlidfan and i had a great time.....i definately will have a tank set up so when i get home the fish can go into it ....instead of having to sit and say ....okay that one in there ...that one in there....hehehehehe.....getting up at 4 am and having gone to bed at 1230 is not condusive to a nice day..... ....but i so enjoyed meeting some of the box members and seeing the ones that i already knew.....looking forward to the next one for sure.....

and hey ph if those fancy costly shrimp reproduce i would be interested in some of the babies ....hehehehehehe...for a better price though...... :wink:

Comment

Is it normal to pay tax at an auction????  Is the dollar amount that you get for your auction item before or after tax????

Comment

Working...
                                X