HAS Auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: HAS Auction

Yes it is normal to pay taxes. Uncle Sam does have to get his part if your the buyer.
    Board Member of Houston Aquarium Society
    Mod OF Marshreef

Breeder of Discus, Angels, Bristle nose & Sail fin Mollies
    Coming soon Daphnia

Comment

I had a great time. Was it the biggest auction ever? It seemd that way. There were a lot of people there.

max

Comment

re: That fancy shrimp:  Fishlady, if that wood shrimp can reproduce by himself, you can bet I'll save you one of the babies !
        Miracles should be shared !

Polly
        MY MANTRA: Yes, I CAN have too many fishtanks!

Comment

maybe you could get him/her to mate with a regular woodshrimp?

Comment

Say, does anyone know who contributed the 4 little Brichardi fry...about an inch long? I don't recall seeing more than two batches of them for auction,if that many, and I got one bag.  I'd love to know what variety they are, if anyone can tell me.

Comment

Brownsnoutuk, no idea about crossing up the wood shrimp. I never even saw one before last night ! I came home and looked up some stuff on them in general. It doesn't sound like they're nearly as simple to reproduce as the Cherry shrimp. This one's nice, though. He found a place to sit on the foam sleeve of the filter intake and is sitting there happily filter-feeding away. I'd be happy to have any info anyone might have. I checked the 3 or 4 best links that came up, and after that, the websites started coming up with seafood recipes, LOL.

Comment

High-PH

I brought the brichardi juv.  They are Neolamprologus Brichardi, never had a location for them.  I bought my pair as juv. about 3 years ago at the ACA in Dallas.  They have a species tank, 20 gal. and do just fine.  Reproduce a few fry here and there.  The adults, fry and juv. do fine together.  The adults are about 3 1/2" long with purplish black markings on their faces.  Nice coloration.

Fishysue

Comment

Thanks for that info, Fishysue.  I think they're a very graceful looking fish and have been meaning to try some for a long time.  Maybe starting with the babies will be lucky for me. I've seen different color varieties, with yellow fins,etc, and sort of wondered what to expect. It will be fun to see them develop. I wonder if I should try to find a couple more small ones while these are young and accepting so as to have some fresh genes in the pool?
                  Polly

Comment

There was someone that brought a bag labeled "Julidochromis Auratus".  It was one of the few things that I bid on... but alas I did not win. There were three adults in a bag. It also said "Pam Chin stock". I had to ask around to find out who Pam Chin was.  After I got home, I tried to do some research on this species... but couldn't find anything. It looked very similar to a dickfeldi.  Is there anyone that could enlightend me as to where I could find out information about these guys?

:idea: BTW, I'll be bagging a bunch of kuhli loaches for the next auction.
                    Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
                    Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
                    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
                    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Great time!  Was nice to meet a few fellow HFB folks.  I figured more were there, but who knew there were that many.  Name tags would have been perfect, especially for us newbies.  Can't wait for the next one!

Comment

Petco has the ordinary woodshrimp, im sure lfs's do too. I know nothing about shrimp but maybe they would breed.

I havent been able to get my BN to breed yet, but i'll be bringing some of the ones ive collected to the next auction.

Comment

Thanks everyone! Believe it or not, I don't think this auction was a record....but close! We will get all the paperwork done and mail out checks as quickly as possible. The next one is tentatively scheduled the first weekend in November...but not sure if that date will be available yet. The Giant Blue Woodshrimp is Atya gabonensis if you'd like to look it up. Pam Chin is a bit of a Tanganyikan guru from California. That should cover the questions I can remember for now. Thanks to all who bought or brought and especially to all of the auction workers!
                          --Charles
                          Charles Jones
                          http://www.breitbart.tv/obama-dems-i...unders-intent/

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have. --Thomas Jefferson
                          Guns are responsible for killing people much the way pencils are responsible for misspelling words.

Comment

Thanks... but I figured out who Pam Chin is (several people told me at the auction) but not what a Julidochromis Auratus is... care to illuminate me?
                            Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?

Comment

Here are the Julies that I know of:
                              Marlieri
                              Dickfieldi
                              Transcriptus
                              Regani
                              Ornatus

I'm guessing that it was a bag of Ornatus, which sounds at least like Auratus. I don't think that I was the auctioneer at the time as I have no memory of those. Or perhaps it was a rare hybrid!
                              Charles Jones
                              http://www.breitbart.tv/obama-dems-i...unders-intent/

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have. --Thomas Jefferson
                              Guns are responsible for killing people much the way pencils are responsible for misspelling words.

Comment

Probably an Ornatus then. Thanks. I think Fishysue was the auctioneer at the time, and she seemed to be a bit confused by them as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X