Video: Petrochromis Famula Chituta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video: Petrochromis Famula Chituta

Here is a video of my 10 Petrochromis Famula Chituta.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
    Last edited by algarciajr; 05-13-2009, 10:18 PM.
    150G Tropheus Moorii Ilangi
    125G Tropheus Moorii Ilangi
    115G Tanganyikan

Man, you can really see the differences between the different Famula varients! They look great! What size are they now? What type of troph is being housed with them? Seeing any breeding action???

Comment

cool al, where did you pick these guys up at? where are they housed?
      25g - Reef
      3.5g - Surge Tank
      10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

they came from me...
        210 gallon tank...empty.....wait till you see what is coming

Comment

I had them at one point as well

Comment

these fish came from gilbert glove and before that atlantis brough them in so a what point did u have them?

Comment

10?
              I ate my fish that died.

Comment

that is all that was original sold to me.... fish have only come in the country once and no expected time again....

Comment

Originally posted by peterp63 View Post
                  Man, you can really see the differences between the different Famula varients! They look great! What size are they now? What type of troph is being housed with them? Seeing any breeding action???
                  Peter,

They have some really nice colors on them, the inside of their mouth is orange as is the top edge of their pectoral fin. They are about 4" in size right now so I am not sure if they are still to small to breed. I am keeping them with my Tropheus Nkondes.

Originally posted by cichlid1409 View Post
                  cool al, where did you pick these guys up at? where are they housed?
                  Mike,

Like Mickey(tattoo) said, I bought them from him and are being kept in my 150 gallon that has the 28 Nkondes.

John(fshfrk),

I added the petros on Tuesday evening, and 5 minutes after being added one of the male nkonde and a petro were locking jaws. Never would have expected that. You should have seen the trophs face afterwards where the petro had did some damage. Sorry man, by the time I got the camera they had stopped.
                  115G Tanganyikan

Comment

"John(fshfrk),

I added the petros on Tuesday evening, and 5 minutes after being added one of the male nkonde and a petro were locking jaws. Never would have expected that. You should have seen the trophs face afterwards where the petro had did some damage. Sorry man, by the time I got the camera they had stopped. "

That was my next question... wondering how your petros were effecting your trophs. Let us know if it starts to effect breeding. I was thinking of putting some trophs in with my Famula, as well.

Comment

Read on the forums that breeding will be effected for sure. It will slow down if not totally stop.

Same thing happen to EK when he added the famulas to his ilangi colony, but I defer to him for more detail and a conclusive statement.
                      I ate my fish that died.

Comment

They did in fact slow it down if not halt it.... but then again that was 19 Petros in with 32 Ilangi's in a 125g.
                        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I have 40 w/c trews, 20 trew fry(1"-2") with at least 40 moop trophs in a 210. Both groups were breading great. every thing was fine for 9 months but now they have grown and grown.. There is way to many dominate fish with no place to set up a territory. Breading has stopped. So it's time to seperate them and I am sure breeding will pick back up were it left off.

Trophs & Petros ONLY

Comment

Originally posted by algarciajr View Post
                            Peter,

They have some really nice colors on them, the inside of their mouth is orange as is the top edge of their pectoral fin. They are about 4" in size right now so I am not sure if they are still to small to breed. I am keeping them with my Tropheus Nkondes.
                            Awesome! I'd like to see them in person. They should start showing some breeding action soon. Mine were about that size when they started producing.

Comment

Originally posted by peterp63 View Post
                              Awesome! I'd like to see them in person. They should start showing some breeding action soon. Mine were about that size when they started producing.
                              Come by whenever you are in this part of town, I wonder at around what age petros start?
                              115G Tanganyikan

Comment

Working...
                              X