Troph fry dead.... What gives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troph fry dead.... What gives?

So I had 20 trophes as of three weeks ago... I'm down to 5 left in my 6 gallon tank. Water change everyother week and water is 78-80 degrees. Why would these little guys be dying? Water has been tested at petsmart too and everything checked out fine. They eat NLF. 1mm pellets.
    240 and 35 Cichlid tanks

First thought is that the tank sounds kinda sound kinda small. Could be fluctuations in water chermistry. . . was the tank cycled?
    Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Tank has been in use for over 4 months now.... Trophes been in it for 3 weeks....I clean this tank at the same time I do my big tank and use Prime. Just a tad bit of that stuff due to it's small size....this sux ya!!
      240 and 35 Cichlid tanks

Comment

Bloat?

They showing any sign of it?
        I ate my fish that died.

Comment

20 fish in a 6 gallon and water changed every OTHER week? i think that might have something to do with it....were you power feeding?
          I make people happy

Comment

Sorry for the loss of your fry . I think we may need a little more info . What is the filtration like on the fry tank ? How often are you doing water changes ? What is the size of the fry ? How much and how often are you feeding the fry ?

Comment

I think small tank equals less room for error. Sorry for the bad luck

Comment

I do a 15% water change every 2 days on a 30 gallon. 6 gallons? wow. thats your problem right there.
                SPECIES PROFILING SITE
                http://www.cichlidexplorer.com

RENA CANISTER FILTERS
                http://www.renacanisterfilters.com

Comment

when i had 25 geo fry in a 5.5g..i did 50% every single day.
                  I make people happy

Comment

So it's waterchanges..... Makes sense I guess.... I have them in a in my big tank and they are doing fine now.... I was getting my 55 gallon tank ready for them too.... Argh.... Thanx ya......
                    240 and 35 Cichlid tanks

Comment

Working...
                    X