Funny question about Petro Red Bulu's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is what he told me about that...

The night that his window go shot out, he had himself and a couple employess move the tank from the window. The tank had not been gravel vaccumed in a really long time, and it stirred up the sand bed and polluted the water so bad you could barely see the fish. Alex said the fish would never eat again after that and died of bloat.

He LOVED that fish, it was like his prized collection. I seriously doubt he would ahve ever sold that fish.

In his group of 10 or so fish, 1 was a wildcaught, but the rest were German F1's....that he did not admit to, until several years later....but that's a different story.
    380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
    300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
    180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
    150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Comment

Interesting.....

There is a quote that you stated that has been kinda puzzling me for a few days... I did not know how to phrase it until today..

This is the quote from Delock

Now the red's that first came in was pretty big, but of course so was trophs. High gas prices have kept the red's coming in sub adults.

A couple of questions?

#1 Because of high gas prices, are the divers who are catching the fish... releasing the bigger ones now and only sending sub adults?
      or
      #2 Are the fish being played out now and the only sizes left in the lake are sub adults??
      and
      in the case of the Red Bulu's being so deep
      Accounting for the inflated prices from 7 years ago. Did the Reds that Alex got, similar in prices to what they are now?

Maybe someone can help on this question also..

Does the aggression level of the Longolia petro get better with F1, F2 and subsequent generations??
      Does that hold true for all types of aggressive petro's?

Lastly

A comment was made on here that people learning how to take care of the petro's and their willingness to share with others how to do so is what has allowed for the (almost unheard of success) with the red bulu's... I think that is quite an understatement.. It is the only reason we are having successes today is due to the willingness of so many to share and to help,, to build and to encourage...

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by billansor View Post
        Interesting.....

There is a quote that you stated that has been kinda puzzling me for a few days... I did not know how to phrase it until today..

This is the quote from Delock

Now the red's that first came in was pretty big, but of course so was trophs. High gas prices have kept the red's coming in sub adults.

A couple of questions?

#1 Because of high gas prices, are the divers who are catching the fish... releasing the bigger ones now and only sending sub adults?
        or
        #2 Are the fish being played out now and the only sizes left in the lake are sub adults??
        and
        in the case of the Red Bulu's being so deep
        Accounting for the inflated prices from 7 years ago. Did the Reds that Alex got, similar in prices to what they are now?

Maybe someone can help on this question also..

Does the aggression level of the Longolia petro get better with F1, F2 and subsequent generations??
        Does that hold true for all types of aggressive petro's?

Lastly

A comment was made on here that people learning how to take care of the petro's and their willingness to share with others how to do so is what has allowed for the (almost unheard of success) with the red bulu's... I think that is quite an understatement.. It is the only reason we are having successes today is due to the willingness of so many to share and to help,, to build and to encourage...

Bill
        Bill,

I been doing this rather been in the game for years. I knew Alex when he was operating out of his apartment. Before 9/11 It would not be uncommon to have true 5 to 7 inch trophs come in from Africa on the regular. But when you factor in that one 6 inch trop take up the same space as 3 2inch trophs....more profit

Plus, whats in the lake will grow much faster so if sub adults are left they will mature fast

Comment

Working...
        X