Got my first Petros today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my first Petros today!

My local cichlid club that I am a member of had their fall auction today. I didn't plan on buying anything but someone brought in some Petros and I couldn't pass on them for the price.

I got 7 F1 Petrochromis Orthognathus. They are about 1.75-2" long. One was pretty beat up in the bag and I don't think he is going to make it. But I figured it was worth the risk to see if I could keep the 6 other ones alive.

The seller wasn't very happy with the price the bags went for but that's what happens when you bring expensive fish to an auction. No one else wanted them or didn't know what they were.

I paid $11 for all 7. Got the first bag of 3 fish for $3 and the second bag of 4 for $8. There was another guy who was bidding on the second bag against me but he stopped which was great for me!

They are going to have to live in my 75g with my Moliro reds until I can get another tank. I don't have any pictures yet but I'll try and get some posted up.

whoa, great price on some cool petros!
    25g - Reef
    3.5g - Surge Tank
    10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

Nice pick up. You will love those fish. Geoff has a group of them. My polyodons grow from spit to 4" in 3-4 months in a 200 gallon tank. Good Luck.

Trophs & Petros ONLY

Comment

Working...
      X