mbu puffer - not doing well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: mbu puffer - not doing well

The worst part is that FishRUs has no return policy. they will just laugh if you ask for your money back. Heard this about them a dozen times already
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" -- Benjamin Frankli
    n

Comment

Originally posted by gt3guru";p="
      The worst part is that FishRUs has no return policy. they will just laugh if you ask for your money back. Heard this about them a dozen times already
      This is true I really regret ever going there. Two of the fish that I had bought from there did not do well at all and where traumitized when I introduced them to the tank (i did drip them) one died the second night while the other one hung around the top of the aquarium, I called and spoke with Jason, he really could have cared less...so I reminded him that in the past few weeks I have spent around $3000 there and he said OK bring in the fish and we will see...So i catch the fish drive 30 minutes there for him to say sorry we do not exchange fish or give money back etc. I am dumbfounded, I tell him that just an hour ago you told me to bring in the fish and you would trade it, he said no we do not do that. I look at my wife in amazement that he just said what he said after I waisted my time driving there, he could have told me this over the phone!!!!! Needless to say that guy is a real piece of work. I realize this has turned into a bashing and I really did not mean for it to.

just got back from getting rid of all the cichlids besides the frontosa's (two of them) got $42 bucks worth of store credit at Aquarium World, yep he.

Good news though, puffy is very happy and back to his original personality. He is swimming all around the tank and following me around the tank. I am happy that in the end he was able to survive this event.

Just curious, are all fish stores around the Houston area just eager to sell anything to anyone? Where is a good place to go. I am usually pretty loyal to one place and if they treat me right I will buy everything from that place to help them out and at the same time have a place to go every once in awhile and hang out, talk to the people, and learn from them. I really thought I had found that at fishrus, boy I was wrong on that one.

Comment

No, I'm afraid you found one of my least favorite stores. The EXACT same thing happend to a good customer of mine. 3 grand, cichlids, puffer, death and ZERO remorse.

Try Village tropical in town. best by FAR.

You can usually judge a fish store by why types of fish they carry. If you see baby turtles, Dyed  or tatooed fish.. STAY AWAY. they clearly do not care about the health of the animals.

You're story sounds so familiar, does your wife frequent the Petsmart in the woodlands?
        "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" -- Benjamin Frankli
        n

Comment

I think the front might not be a good canidate either. They get big and do better in groups/colonies and with two species of big fish you will soon have them bumping heads for tank space. Did you buy one variant of frontosa or did you mix them? I know fishrus carries a few different variants of frontosa and its frowned upon to mix them and if you don't know what they are they could easily be sold off as the wrong variant and cause crossbreeding.

There are lots of good LFS that will help you and not just to help you lighten your wallet and again if you researched it you would have found that out too. There is lots of feedback here about various LFS.

Glad to hear the puffer is doing better. The giraffe cat should be fine and it will get big as well!
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by gt3guru";p="
            No, I'm afraid you found one of my least favorite stores. The EXACT same thing happend to a good customer of mine. 3 grand, cichlids, puffer, death and ZERO remorse.

Try Village tropical in town. best by FAR.

You can usually judge a fish store by why types of fish they carry. If you see baby turtles, Dyed  or tatooed fish.. STAY AWAY. they clearly do not care about the health of the animals.

You're story sounds so familiar, does your wife frequent the Petsmart in the woodlands?
            You said this happened to a customer of yours, where do you work and do?

We have a three birds and a dog so yeah she does go to petsmart but the one in Humble closest to Kingwood

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa";p="
              how is your tank set up?
              rock piles?
              water parameter?
              temp?

there are many things that could factor in to why you arent getting the results you want. some things work for some and not for others so laying the blame is a bit of on the wrong side. i think you as a buyer should have done your research before getting into a mess.
              You are right to an extent, but I advised the staff that I really did not know what I was doing and specifically requested that they they sell me what was needed to provide the ideal life for the puffer. Cost really was not an issue, I just wanted it done right and that is why I even paid them to come to my house and set up the tank. I could have done that easily myself, but again, I just wanted it done right!

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa";p="
                I think the front might not be a good canidate either. They get big and do better in groups/colonies and with two species of big fish you will soon have them bumping heads for tank space. Did you buy one variant of frontosa or did you mix them? I know fishrus carries a few different variants of frontosa and its frowned upon to mix them and if you don't know what they are they could easily be sold off as the wrong variant and cause crossbreeding.

There are lots of good LFS that will help you and not just to help you lighten your wallet and again if you researched it you would have found that out too. There is lots of feedback here about various LFS.

I was told that was the best place around where I live.

Glad to hear the puffer is doing better. The giraffe cat should be fine and it will get big as well!
                Thanks, he is like a totally new fish. Swimming all around and eating aggressively.

Thanks!

Comment

qoute,...think the front might not be a good canidate either. They get big and do better in groups/colonies and with two species of big fish you will soon have them bumping heads for tank space. Did you buy one variant of frontosa or did you mix them? I know fishrus carries a few different variants of frontosa and its frowned upon to mix them and if you don't know what they are they could easily be sold off as the wrong variant and cause crossbreeding.///quote

They did tell me to stick to only one type, and I did. I do not know what type it is, and here we go again... I had asked the guy to right down all the different types of fish for me, he said he would and that he would put it in the bag with my other stuff. I assume he did that and when I get home, well guess what no list, so I call out there and ask if he forgot the list and I get the run around about no one knew anything about a list so I just ask if he could tell me what I purchased and he said that they did not know! Great, I thought to myself, I have about 6 fish that I have no idea what they are. The people at the aquarium world new what they where, I know , it is my own fault. I guess I will go to fishrus and look to see if I can get the name of the front so I will know. And then I will never step foot in that place. :?

Comment

gt3guru works in the woodlands petsmart.

If you need to seperate some fish for a little while, you can keep them at my place if you want. I have a 55 with 2 angels and 2 small plecos that i can move to a different tank.

I live by woodland hills and kingwood dr.

Comment

and if i remember right, fishrus has a sign up saying they wouldnt sell puffers to just anyone? maybe it was a different store, or maybe it was taken down in the last couple of months.

Comment

Originally posted by Brownsnoutuk";p="
                        and if i remember right, fishrus has a sign up saying they wouldnt sell puffers to just anyone? maybe it was a different store, or maybe it was taken down in the last couple of months.
                        They do still have the sign up! I actually asked the guy about that and he said  "well we really do not want to sell one of the puffers to someone who wants to stick it into a 20g tank" that was it. He also went on about how rare they are and that they are the only ones who sells them and they rarely have them in stock. It seemed that everytime I went in there they had more and more of them...so much for hard to get! go figure.

Comment

yeah i was in there about a month ago, they had at least 6 or 7.

Comment

Originally posted by Brownsnoutuk";p="
                            gt3guru works in the woodlands petsmart.

If you need to seperate some fish for a little while, you can keep them at my place if you want. I have a 55 with 2 angels and 2 small plecos that i can move to a different tank.

I live by woodland hills and kingwood dr.
                            That is really nice, I do appreciate the offer. I decided that I just wanted to get rid of them ASAP so I just scooped them up and took them to the LFS. So they are gone.

Thanks for the offer!

Comment

[quote="A good puffers site is [url]http://www.thepufferforum.com/[/url] but for some reason right now that site keeps crashing my computer[quote]

It crashed my pc as well. thanks for the info I will pick up that magazine.

Comment

yeah they wont sell the puffer to just anyone, only people with $300 and those that they can make even more on will not e questioned cause questions dont pay the bills.
                                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
                                X