H can i tell the dif. M/F Jewel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H can i tell the dif. M/F Jewel

I have recently purchased two jewel cichlids that are absolutly beautiful.... but they dont seem to be intracting at all i was told they were of the opposite sex buy th fs owner one is red jewel and one i turq. jewel but i was alos told that you could tell by the colors that the males are brighter is this true and can you tell bythe colorws or not?? its like they dont even know the other one excistswhat to do?
    55 gal DISCUS Community Tank)
    45 gallon tank OB Peacock, asst. peacock, with albino oscars community
    10 gallon (fancey guppy, dwarfpuffer, mollies, platys)
    10 gallon Hospital tank
    2.5 gallon dragon betta male tank
    13 gallon plants only tank soon to B saltwater!!!

Usually you can tell by the Size, Usually Males will get larger then females. And both will get really red when both are ready to spawn. If they are both male and female set the water temp and they should pair up quick. Had some for awhile and fun to watch as they protect their fry with fierce.
    500g ????
    220g F1 Blue Giant Petrochromis

180g WC Cyphotilapia Frontosa Moba.
    30g Fry tank

Comment

ok well they are only about 1 1/2 inches or so they both are very vibrant in color but they seem to ingnore each other.... but will the turq. and red breed?
      10 gallon Hospital tank

Comment

More then likely they will breed, i can tell you you probably don't have two males, as male jewels usually don't like each other, you could have two females, they are to small to breed, once they hit about 3" for the male and 2.5" for the female they should easily be able to be sexed.
        FRENCH FRY!!!

55g - Vieja Synspilum 'Biotope'

Comment

well the turq is way morevibrant now tan the red ... the red has since lost the bright colors since i brought i from the pet store
          10 gallon Hospital tank

Comment

Working...
          X