Fish ID please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish ID please

I have this beautiful African Blue Cichlid and Im not sure what it is. Reason I want to know is I want to get a female so I can breed him, but I dont know where to start. Thanks
    Attached Files
    210gPetrochromis Macrognatus Green 'Nsumbu
    125g Mdoka White Lip

"Success is the willingness to fail"

Looks like a Psuedotropheus sp. Msobo deep male ultimate fish usually has these.
    FRENCH FRY!!!

55g - Vieja Synspilum 'Biotope'

Comment

You know how the females look? I really wanna breed this guy.
      125g Mdoka White Lip

Comment

Originally posted by moganman View Post
        You know how the females look? I really wanna breed this guy.
        If it is P. "Msobo Deep," then the females should be yellow.

Could we get a side shot?
        Tell your boss you need to go home to take care of your "cichlids." It sounds an awful lot like "sick kids." )

Comment

Maybe I have the female for this guy. I actually just stripped about 45 fry from her. Shes pretty similar to a yellow lab with a larger mouth and vertical yellow stripes.IMG_2116[1].jpg
          125g Mdoka White Lip

Comment

Ultimate Fish has a great looking Msobo female in one of their tanks. She's pretty big, but really nice color if you want to pick up a mature female.

Comment

The females do not have stripes, if you have different types of malawi cichlids the are similar species a male will spawn with any female of a similar species. So if you have a female with stripes and this is the only male in the tank. You more than likely have a crossbreed fish which is pretty much just like having a mutt. Not worth much of anything. Most hobbyist just feed them to other fish or let them spit in the tank and become food. If you want to actullaly breed this fish and have viable fry to sell, Keep only this fish with at least 5 or more females, by themselves or with fish of a completely different species with no chance of cross breeding.

Tom

Comment

Working...
              X