introducing more tropheus to an existing colony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• introducing more tropheus to an existing colony

I have read that it isn't safe to do this but is this true is there some way to introduce them like turning off the light or adjusting the rocks? I am wondering if you can introduce wc ones with more wc ones of the same species

May I ask what kind you are introducing?
    210gPetrochromis Macrognatus Green 'Nsumbu
    125g Mdoka White Lip

"Success is the willingness to fail"

Comment

im not gonna gurantee this will work...but if you were going to do it, I would remove the rocks or structures from your tank. Do about an 80% water change and drop the fish in while there is only a few inches of water left in the tank. That way everybody is stressed out together. Add the rocks back to your tank with a slightly different placement of the rocks. This will create new territorys and give the new males a chance to gain a spot. I think it would be wrong to give a guarantee that it will or wont work, these are live animals and it really is up to them if they let this happen.
      250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

How many fish do you have?

How many do you want to add?

Higher the number in both the better.

Higher number in the latter is better than the former.
        I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Originally posted by newb View Post
          im not gonna gurantee this will work...but if you were going to do it, I would remove the rocks or structures from your tank. Do about an 80% water change and drop the fish in while there is only a few inches of water left in the tank. That way everybody is stressed out together. Add the rocks back to your tank with a slightly different placement of the rocks. This will create new territorys and give the new males a chance to gain a spot. I think it would be wrong to give a guarantee that it will or wont work, these are live animals and it really is up to them if they let this happen.
          Originally posted by myjohnson View Post
          How many fish do you have?

How many do you want to add?

Higher the number in both the better.

Higher number in the latter is better than the former.
          Good advise.
          http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

Agree with everything above. You might consider doing the water change late in the evening and turn the lights out for the day.
            120g - Tropheus Moorii Kambwimba
            180g - Petrochromis Macrognathus Dine/Tropheus Moorii Namansi I

"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has not heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains"....Winston Churchill

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would do us harm"....Winston Churchill

Comment

And leave the rocks out for a day or 2. Good advice from all above.

Trophs & Petros ONLY

Comment

I say....add single males at a time and turn on the video recorder!
                I ate my fish that died.

Comment

If they gonna fight they gonna fight regardless of what you do. If it don't happen right then it'll happen eventually.

Disrupting heirarchy will need to be re established
                  700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
                  X