No announcement yet.

cyprichromis with petros and trophs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might want to make sure you have tops on your tank. I considered this once and was told the trophs might startle the cyps into jumping because they are higher energy. But the person I was asking hadn't tried it before.
    135 gal Fahaka Puffer
    150 gal Threadfin Acaras, Angels, Red Spotted Severum, Gold Severum, and a Silver Dollar
    185 gal Demasoni, Yellow Labs, Venustus, Rustys, Plecos, Clown Loaches, and Sharks

Comment

Originally posted by BeefyG View Post
      Might want to make sure you have tops on your tank. I considered this once and was told the trophs might startle the cyps into jumping because they are higher energy. But the person I was asking hadn't tried it before.
      Yea that's exactly what I read online because of their high energy they're not a good mix. Hmmmm I really like having an open top tank because the tops makes me even feel restricted and plus im a lil bit of a cluts so yea haha.

Comment

Originally posted by bpseoe View Post
        thats gonna be hard... H-town gots everything!
        So I've heard :P I know only a few fish not here in Houston or Texas for that matter.

Comment

i think sunny told me a story bout his cyp grew wings and flew out his tank

Comment

That's been the number one cause of my Cyp head count going down. You think you have your tank covered pretty well, but these guys will find a dime size hole to fly through if they get spooked at night.
            http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

get those plastic covering/lip looking thing for the glass lid if you dont have one sunny. i have those on all my lids

Comment

Lol, you think I don't already have that?

Comment

you do? ahah i thought you have the egg crate that all

Comment

H-Town doesn't have malagarasi. At least not wild caught. Europe has everything but not Houston. We think we have everything but we aren't close.
                    210gPetrochromis Macrognatus Green 'Nsumbu
                    125g Mdoka White Lip

"Success is the willingness to fail"

Comment

Originally posted by cu0ngsayz View Post
                      you do? ahah i thought you have the egg crate that all
                      See, that's what happens when you start guessing at what gear ppl have. Glass tops all the way over here.

Comment

I keep C. Utinta with mixed trophs/petros. No problem. The males will attack petros 50x their weight if in their space while they are in the mood. My Cyps breed and hold all the time but I've never seen a fry. Cheap petro food I guess. I'd also be patient and get the varient you really want. I suggest you get jumbos. I like mine but wish I had held out and gotten the jumbos I think I really wanted. Mine are kind of lost in with all the big petros.

Comment

you can always buy jumbo kirizas from me........secure lids need to be cue exact for heater wires,suction and discharge for filters...sunny is right they must be very secure...i cut mine with a drimal tool to make it exact....lost a benthochromis tricoti a few years back for not doing it the right way and i was sick...wont happen to me again...
                          210 gallon tank...empty.....wait till you see what is coming

Comment

Working...
                          X