Fixing Petros sunken stomachs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixing Petros sunken stomachs

i recently got my hands on a couple moshi mahale (5-6 in.) and a couple tx bulus (7-8 in.) Issue is this..... they look really unfed and their stomach are sunken pretty bad. Since i brought them hm a couple days ago im feeding a 50/50 mix of flake and pellet in the morning and evening and shrimpmix at mid-day. i think they have great potential and i got em for dirt cheap due to the original owner getting out the hobby. How would i go upon getting these guys looking like they should quickly and safely. they were being fed kens flakes and kens pellets. i tried shrimpmix and they went to town on it so thats good. i also want to switch em over to NLS. Something to remember is that they share the tank with trophs for the time being so power feeding is not really an option i want to go with. im a firm believer of WC's and i have very good filtration. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Also.............
    two of the moshi are black in color. Will that change in the near future?

Could it possibly be internal parasites?
    30Long: L134 Leopard Frog Plecos X16, Corydoras Sterbai X9, Endlers X4

Small ADA nano (~8gal): ... BKK or OEBT breeding tank in the works!

75g Craigslist Special: In the works...

Comment

Bloat...!!!
      Maybe too much shrimp mix...
      Out of the hobby for now..

Comment

Sunken bellies in petros are definitley due to underfeeding.

OP, keep to your current feeding schedule but vary the quantity a little to accommodate the petros, and they will be fat before you even realize it. Best to do it that way than risk getting your trophs succumb to bloat due to overfeeding.
        http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

Feed whole gulf shrimp.
          I ate my fish that died.

Comment

The petros I had would eat live ghost shrimp after being fed dainchi too fatten thr shrimp up..
            Out of the hobby for now..

Comment

seafood mix.
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

What size oellets are you feeding them? Make sure its at keast 3mm.
                300g - Petrochromis Texas "Red Fin" Longola, Petrochromis Red Bulu, Tropheus Red Rainbow Kansanga.

Comment

Working...
                X