Iodotropheus sprengerae, an oldy but still a goody

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iodotropheus sprengerae, an oldy but still a goody

I picked up a couple of "Rusty" Cichlids (Iodotropheus sprengerae) the other day and they have turned out to be awesome little fish. While these are one of the oldest imported Cichlids from Africa, they are still worthy of a spot in your tank. These usually grow to be around the 4 inch range, so a smaller African. They are very peaceful and active swimmers (they like to play in the filter return). Anyways, snagged a couple of pics of them. Hope you enjoy!
    Last edited by brandon_rss18; 08-01-2012, 10:26 PM.
    65G African Tank (1 Ropefish, 1 Senegal Bichir, 3 Spotted Climbing Pearch, 2 Black Calvus "Zebra", 1 Featherfin Cat, African Knife, 2 Upside down Cats and an African Butterfly Fish.

30G "The Mudhole" 3 African Mudskippers (Periophthalmus barbarus)

20G 4 Longfin Zebra Danio, 2 Julii Cory, 2 Bolivian Ram, 1 Stripped Raphael and 3 Glass Cats.

One of my favs!

Not too fond of cichlids from that Lake but these would make the cut.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa View Post
      One of my favs!

Not too fond of cichlids from that Lake but these would make the cut.
      Yeah, I also am not too fond of Malawi's, but these are an exception. They have decent coloring, they don't get too big, but most of all I like their temperament. One of those types that just doesn't seem to have a care in the world. While other cichlids would rather start a fight, these guys just go about their business.
      65G African Tank (1 Ropefish, 1 Senegal Bichir, 3 Spotted Climbing Pearch, 2 Black Calvus "Zebra", 1 Featherfin Cat, African Knife, 2 Upside down Cats and an African Butterfly Fish.

30G "The Mudhole" 3 African Mudskippers (Periophthalmus barbarus)

20G 4 Longfin Zebra Danio, 2 Julii Cory, 2 Bolivian Ram, 1 Stripped Raphael and 3 Glass Cats.

Comment

Nice
        Guppies:
        Hi-fin pepper Cory's, Black Cory's, Long Fin Golden Aneus, Swordtails, some lyretail(RREA's, Red, Albino Koi, Red & Gold Tux), Different types of BN plecos(albino, calico, long fin, blue eyed short & long fin)
        Mystery Snails, Yellow Shrimp, CPDs

HAS Master Aquatic Gardener awarded 1997
        HAS Master Fish Breeder awarded 1998

Comment

Working...
        X