Help!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!!!

I have 210 gallon full of frontosa . i had my oldest front die on me today was over foot long . He Croked. All his scales seemed to kind got rotted aways before he died . i've had him for almost 7years. ( i cryed like lil girl). because i notice some of my fish had fin niped at by some other cichlids i had before . So i used melfix . now 2 days later my front dies plus one of my demasoni died . ( which i had for very long time .) Do you thinking the melfix hurt my front? i dose like the bottle said . my other fish seem to be doing fine . What do you guys think ?

Re: Help!!!!

Good question. Check the date on the bottle.

Comment

How are your other parameters?
      What was new to the tank?
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by delock";p="
        Good question. Check the date on the bottle.
        dates still good.

Comment

ok

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa";p="
            How are your other parameters?
            What was new to the tank?
            water good . 0ammo 0 rite 10rate ph7.8 temp 83f.
            i did add one fish. Oscar. but he died too .

BUt the next thing i can think about is . chemical poisoning. i think my brother sprayed alot air freshner. .
            i change my water again. just in case .

Comment

I stopped using any type of spray air fresheners...due to that problem.

Add some carbon or seachem purigen.
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

:(  :(  :(  :( i used a diffrent test kit . my ph was really off .it read 6.8 . that to low for my fish i think they have been stress because of that . i lost 3 more fish today . i'm so sad . i've been using the paper test strips and tonights i used liquid test kit . i know my ph comes out at 7.8 out of the tap . i guess the melfix made my ph drop like crazy. every fish that died look liked it was fryed . i guess the water was to acidic . so i'm adding some ph up . going to slowy bump the ph up. i can't freaking belive this . i'm soo sooo sad .  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa";p="
                  I stopped using any type of spray air fresheners...due to that problem.

Add some carbon or seachem purigen.

i have alot of carbon in my system. my canister is quarter full of carbon. i use the big eheim canister the 2260. ( i just replced it like few weeks ago
                  I been having some bad luck with my freshwater fish .

Comment

Have you figured out what caused the pH to drop so much?  How are your nitrates?  I know that high nitrates can lower the pH.  Since your water out of the tap is 7.8, you should be able to do a couple of water changes to get your pH back to an acceptable level.  Using pH Up makes me nervous.  I'm afraid it'll swing one way or another while I'm not checking on it.

Good luck.  I hope you don't lose anymore of your fish.   :(
                    Our Fishhouse
                    Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

NOw i think all my fish are going to die !!!! Just my luck my tank had leak. i woke up this moring to find my whole down stairs flooded with water . i stuck few of my baby fronts in my 28gal tank and my big fronts are on the floor in 10 gals and buckets and ect  . i feel like deuce bigalow useing every thing that holds water to save the fish . i don't have enough money to buy a tank now . and i feel like EDIT out of luck now . i just hope i can keep my fish alive till then .

Comment

Maybe you could "board" some of them out locally?

CF
                        Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

what do you mean ?

Comment

Let other members or friends, keep them for you temporially....till you get your tank up and running again.

CF
                            Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

You could always reseal the leak.  A lot cheaper than a new aquarium, and not as hard as you'd think.
                              Our Fishhouse
                              Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

Working...
                              X