X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This was the best place to post

Look at the magnificent sonofafish!!
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375298546.198461.jpg
    He was for some reason just hanging out on the side of the tank. I haven't gotten a chance to check him out since he is always on the damn drift wood but now the contrast is pretty I snapped this and tried to get closer and he ran!
    Thanks sunny! Also why won't my java fern grow?? It's been like two months that I've had it and some leaves will turn like a light green yellow like that one there but no growth. Except for a tiny one coming out from the gravel on the other side?

Type of lighting? It looks looks you buried the the rhizome. They don't like that. Also, java fern grows fairly slow

Sent from my spaceship using Tapatalk 2.

Comment

Are you serious ?!????? Dangit! Ill pick it up and out tomorrow a little bit. And t8 floramax aqeon

Comment

Try tying it to some driftwood or rock, that'll work better. They are also very slow growers, under the best light conditions. So you have to be patient!

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2
        "I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

Comment

Yup. Even with CO2, ferts, and high light they're slow growers. Like Saabs said. Try tying to driftwood or rocks. If you don't have either, you can just put it on top of the substrate.

Sent from my spaceship using Tapatalk 2.

Comment

I haves big piece of drift wood but I already have anacharis on it and a big amazon sword right behind it in the gravel so I preferred putting it along the sides to see how it did. So ill just make sure the roots are barely in I got it!

Comment

I've had good luck using those bendable plant anchor strips for Java fern. Just bend a strip double and 'bobby-pin' the rhizome down against the substrate. If you don't have big bumbling fish to knock it loose too soon, the roots will reach down and grab hold.

60 gal. with 3 big old clown loaches
              10 gal. planted with guppies and LF plecos

Comment

Working...
              X