Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Albino Veiltail Pleco

Originally posted by PhishPhreek";p="
    Can you pass on your water paramaters & setup information please.
    pH: 7.1
    Nitrate: 5ppm
    Nitrite: 0ppm
    Ammonia & Clorine: 0
    Hardness:  ~120ppm

Spawning occurs after a large water change in a peice of driftwood that the male can trap the female in and not let her out until he is done. This piece of driftwood is where the male resides 90% of the time.

Some of my most recent batch:
    Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

you selling any of these little guys?
      250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

Always.  8)

Send me a PM if you are interested.
        Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?

Comment

You have albino longfin dwarf brislenose plecos. They are refered to as Ancistrus sp3. They will freely interbreed with regular albinos or browns. About 5" is as big as the males get. They male entices a female into his cave where she layes her eggs. The male will then kick her out and hatch the eggs. They start out amber as you see in the picture of them on the gravel. As the egg sack is abosrbed they turn brown if the adults are brown or stay golden if they are goin to be albinos. I use a terra cotta tube closed on one end and slosh the fry out into a net as they are beginning to move freely about the cave and raise them by themselves. The parents will not bother the babies if you leave them together. They spawn best in groups with 1 male and 5-6 females, the male will always have gravid females to spawm with after you take his babies. Great fish to keep and they are real workhorses on the algea.

Comment

Male with two of the larger babies

Comment

Working...
            X