Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: new zebra tank

Originally posted by MJY6087";p="
    wait..so what happened to the original zebra plecos you bought.. did they never arrive?

i never recieved them, fedex shipped to the wrong address and claimed they sent it to the right but when they said they will have the driver come to my house to verify address i never seen him then either. the initial two are either swimming in someone's tank if they new better or in the trash can/flushed down the toliet. i am still trying to settle it with fedex and havent heard from the shipper in a few days so i dont know how that is going to pan out.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

thanks for the comments everyone!!

these guys acclimated really well and are swimming around exploring their new home. i dont know if they will like it better than their old home but i know i sure isnt as crowded.
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

here's a picture of one of them after settling in

another one

then there's the possible male of the group along with a another zebra sitting up top.
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

ooh, whered you get the zebra rock? That matches them perfect =)
          Help support (C)atfish (A)nd (K)ool Pleco's, Houstons premier fish club.

David Seratt
          Co-President of CAK

Comment

Originally posted by Ramius";p="
            ooh, whered you get the zebra rock? That matches them perfect =)

do you mean the sand? its a mix of black and white sand. the slate i got from aqarium world and the caves from aquabid.
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Wow, they ARE tiny! The grains of sand look huge in comparison! But how exciting to finally have some zebras!! I'll repeat armthehomeless' question, how many did you get?

They look great!
              "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

well wanted to update you guys about my missing zebras....

the seller is ignoring any attempt of contact
                fedex has layed it out as the seller's fault for not requesting signature confirmation.

i believe that since it was partly the seller's(fantasticfins) for not making sure the package would arrive to me that he should be partly responsible. there was no personal insurance measures made by the seller to insure the arrival of the package and i paid for shipping thinking it would make it to me safe and sound but i guess that wasnt the case. i have been emailing fantasticfins just about everyday requesting for some sort of update about the fedex deal since they wouldnt share much info with me and would always steer me to the shipper. finally fedex stated that the shipper should have requested and paid for signature confirmation and they did their part by delivering "residential package" meaning leave at door if need be.

fantasticfins, if you see this please email me or contact me in some sort of way so this could be put to rest. right now i am willing to accept half so that neither of us takes a complete loss whether it be one fish or half of my money back.

i feel that the shipper has partial responsibility for the package they send, i know when i ship anything i get the most amount of insurance and request a signature in order to accept the package.

anyone in MI who knows of fantasticfins(supposed lfs) please have them contact me or give me some sort of contact info.
                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

where did you pick up those guys?
                  Plecos:
                  L083 (Gibby)
                  L104 (Clown)
                  L147 (Peckoltia sp.)
                  L155 (A. Hystrix)
                  L310 (Red Fin Bruno)
                  LDA72 (BN)
                  LDA76 (False Zebra)
                  Rineloricaria parva (whiptail)
                  Rineloricaria lancelota

Comment

the ones i have are from dallas
                    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Hey ek!

Have you tried calling them? Do you have their number? Maybe you could go to a more global site like Fish Geeks (www.aquaria.info/) and see if someone could help you track these jokers down. They should be held responsible for killing those zebras!

Do those guys get very big?

Daisy

Comment

They get about 3"

I have sent them an email through aquabid maybe they just aren't getting email from me. Hopefully this gets resolved.
                        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

here's their website info........maybe sending a registered letter--return receipt requested.

Angelfire on Lycos, established in 1995, is one of the leading personal publishing communities on the Web. Angelfire makes it easy for members to create their own blogs, web sites, get a web address (domain) and start publishing online.

I had a similar problem with a lfs that I had store credit with.  They went out of business and re-opened later and didn't want to honor my credit....same owners.  I stayed on top of him and he finally did the right thing and made good on it.  Don't give up.

Maybe even contacting the local better business bureau in MI would help.

Good luck bro.  How are the moba babies?
                          180g Oceanic w/colony of 8 WC Moba Fronts (1m/7f) purchased from TNT Cichlids in Jan '05 & numerous fry. 1 F1 adult moba male. 2 2217 Eheims, 2 6080 Tunze Streams, WISA airpump, single stage Johnson ETC.....fishkeeping since 1988.

Comment

Thanks ron!!!

I have made some contacts with my side to resolve this on my own and hopefully it will get taken care of. The mobas are growing and have amazing coloring to them! At one point they looked almost like kigomas but it was just lots of blue on their face.
                            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Here's another link that has the owners names. Scroll halfway down to see it.

Comment

thanks daisymac.

i think from here its a legal issue so i will be contacting some of my connections about this. i will let everyone know how it turns out in the end. thanks for all the concern.
                                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
                                X