new zebra tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: new zebra tank

wanted to update with some new pictures of the tank, moonlighting and tankmates.

i tried long and hard to find a nice black & white tankmates but couldnt find anything that satisfied me so i went with nice looking fish.

i got 5 albino lemon tetras, 9  Harlequin Rasboras and a handful of MTS to keep the leftover foods to a min.

with the lost zebras i think the problem is now solved, at least for me it is.

how the tank looks now

custom moonlighting rigged by me

tankmates that wont stay still for pictures

the little ones in their favorite chilling spot
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Looks great! I'm glad they found a favorite spot. And the rasboras are one of the first fish I had, I love them. Hmm, almost makes me want to set up a tank for them....

So, are you not planning on planting this tank? It was previously planted, right?
      "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

the previous tank i set up was planted and intended for the zebras but it got too serious on the planting side so i decided to set another tank up for the zebras. i was thinking low light plants for the zebras but they dont like the light too much so im not exactly sure yet, i do have lots of baby java fern sprouting out of the other tank but the lighting on the pleco tank is close to none.
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Haven't heard about them in a while, how are these guys doing?

Comment

i have since removed any other fish besides the zebras and added one amano shrimp to keep it tidy in there. these guys are getting nice and fat and im hoping to hear back from a breeder so i can add some more to the crew.

here are some pics i took not too long ago.....

700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

they look great if only i had a tank and the cash for some
              Never fear I is here
              David Abeles
              Vice President
              Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

Wow, those guys really have a nice set up there. Nice work!! Are the stones glued together, or held together in some way, or do you trust it not to fall apart and smash anyone in there???

Comment

Great! It's good to know they're doing well.  :)  What's their behavior like? Are they incredibly shy?

Comment

Thanks everyone.

The rocks I have pushed, rocked and beat on to see if they will fall but so far I feel content with it not to kill my little ones. It's really stable in there.

They are becoming more tame so to speak and will actually come to the front of the caves where you can see them when I do water changes and with the moonlights on and in complete darkness they will come out and look for food. I think they are use to me know and everyday i would shine my surefire flashlight with blue filter in to see how they are doing and if they ate well the night before so they dont seem bothered by me anymore.

each one has their favorite spot in which they could sit there forever! so when i see them in a different spot i know they are either fighting or getting hungry.
                    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

ek, now I know you didn't buy that surefire lite with the blue filter on it just for your zebras bro!  more like what you attach it to to protect your small investment.  LOL
                      180g Oceanic w/colony of 8 WC Moba Fronts (1m/7f) purchased from TNT Cichlids in Jan '05 & numerous fry. 1 F1 adult moba male. 2 2217 Eheims, 2 6080 Tunze Streams, WISA airpump, single stage Johnson ETC.....fishkeeping since 1988.

Comment

nice little suckers, hopefully everything goes well.
                        Plecos:
                        L083 (Gibby)
                        L104 (Clown)
                        L147 (Peckoltia sp.)
                        L155 (A. Hystrix)
                        L310 (Red Fin Bruno)
                        LDA72 (BN)
                        LDA76 (False Zebra)
                        Rineloricaria parva (whiptail)
                        Rineloricaria lancelota

Comment

thanks armadillo_del_rio.

ron, its a personal light which got turned into a pleco watching light but the others get used for things other then intended at times too.  
                          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
                          X