RO system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RO system

I want to buy a RO system for drinking and fish purposes. Found one which seems to be good but would like to get some input from boxers. Any experience, suggestions or comments will be appreciated.
    This is what I plan to buy:

Should meet your needs.

Also check out airwaterice.com they are a sponsor over on marshreef and there's a coupon code over there.

I got a $50 giftcertificate to their online store that's just sitting....
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I have a similar system without the presurized tank. I just fill a 30g drum and turn it off. The small presurized tank is great for a few gallons but not big enough to do a 30g tank water change.
      'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
      He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

I hear that! I have a 3 gallon tank, wish it held more water!

Comment

For me this will be more than enough as I only top off the tank, do not change water. But then again even if you want 30 G you just turn it on and it will produce up to 100G per day (depends on the membrane, water pressure, temp et cetera...) so no need to keep a 30 G drum, a common 5G bucket will do. Not to mention that most people mix the RO with tap water and then use it for changing tank water. Also RO water left in open container will react with CO2 from the air and will get quite acidic.

Comment

Yes

Yes, My betta MACs like soft acid water.
            I try to keep the pH at 6.0 and do a 30g water change onece a week.
            With the 30g drum mounted higher than my tank, I can do a water change in 15 minutes. But it still takes me 7 hours to fill the drum back up.
            'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
            He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Working...
            X