Need help getting my Rena XP3 started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help getting my Rena XP3 started

everything is set up exactly how my other one is, but for some reason this one keeps spitting out big clouds of air bubbles almost like a powerhead with a bubble blower.

I filled it to the brim with tank water, all the clamps are tight and secure, i used a fairly strong power head to get the water flowing and i held it on the intake for a good 5 solid minutes. The outtake is blowing like crazy but every 30 seconds or so, it blows a cloud of tiny bubbles. Is this normal?
    If it ain't wild caught
    You ain't doing it right

you have an air pocket in your canister. try to restart it again

Comment

Originally posted by Delock View Post
      you have an air pocket in your canister. try to restart it again

+1

My fluval did that the first time i set it up it just takes a while to get it out
      People who stand for nothing will fall for everything.

30 cube ( Hi tech planted)(for sale)
      29 bio cube (reef)
      20 cube (kids tank)

Comment

thanks Delock. That was it. Thanks for the help. Oh, and you'll all be glad to know the curse of the sponge filter in my 125g Tanganyikan tank is NO MAS!!!
        If it ain't wild caught
        You ain't doing it right

Comment

What I usually do is give canisters a good shaking once restarted to purge it.
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

To restart my XP3, I just open the shutoff valve and let it sit for a few minutes before I turn it on. I always put the filter back under the stand without any water and then I let it prime itself.
            -Josh

Comment

I know this is an old post, but wanted to point out this with the XP series filters. On the inlet side where the elbow goes over the tank, if you get air and cant understand why, you may want to put some teflon tape on the threads for the priming cap. I had this problem with my XP3. It fixed the air issue.

Comment

Working...
              X