No announcement yet.

Zero Nitrates Filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have one. I'm not using it at the moment. It was ran on a saltwater set-up. It worked fine while I was using it. I have the small for 20-55g tanks.

I was using 80 proof vodka as the nutrient source. It seems to work like a coil denitrator that you feed and is a little more stable. You absolutely have to also dose a buffer to keep your PH stable while using it.

Edit: It lowers PH greatly. I ran it in saltwater and it lowered my PH below 7.0. I had to run a buffer to keep it at 8.0-8.2. I also had to buffer weekly.
    Last edited by DaiMasters; 05-18-2014, 09:09 PM.

Comment

This is the one I have: http://www.aquaripure.com/index.php?...&product_id=51

Comment

Why would you want to remove Nitrates without water changing ? Nitrates is the catalyst that remids you to change but the water change does more to support healthy fish. A nitrate killer would just inspire people to not change water, they would load up their tanks with minerals present in their faucet from top offs and other things

Comment

It's to reduce how often you have to do water changes, not eliminate them. And if you use ro/di water, like I do, you really don't have to worry about build ups of minerals.

Comment

Working...
          X