HOB - Canisters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOB - Canisters

Let's say I want to change my HOB to canisters how long should I run both to establish a colony in my canister? Right now I'm running two tetra 30 on a 29 gal, & two tetra 60 & a 60 gal sponge I'm my 62 gal.

--I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
    -Stephen Roberts

will the canister have new filter media? If so, I would give it about 2weeks to be safe. It might not take that long, but couldnt hurt it.
    250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

x2
      I make people happy

Comment

Thanks I was thiking that but I wasn't sure I heard somewhere that I takes something like a month to establish a canaster from a seeded tank

aslo I don't guess there is anyway I could over filter ? Just too much current. Also will that shock the fish?

--I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
        -Stephen Roberts

Comment

no such thing as over filter and just make sure the fish have some place directly out of he line f the returns
          altums 90 gallon
          fahaka puffer 68
          community 60 cube

can't find it make it
          can find it make it better

Comment

How much fishes do you have in each tank?

What type are they?

What do you feed them?

I would stick some media in the HOBs that I plan to use in the canister.
            I ate my fish that died.

Comment

+1
              altums 90 gallon
              fahaka puffer 68
              community 60 cube

can't find it make it
              can find it make it better

Comment

After about 2 weeks you could remove the HOB's but I would take it easy on your next couple waterchanges and not clean a filter, or deep vaccum gravel, or remove more than 50% water
                380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
                300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
                180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
                150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Comment

Working...
                X