how to stack fluval 404 media

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to stack fluval 404 media

I just got a fluval 404 for my 55 gal SA/CA tank and I was wondering do you think that by itself, It will be enough for a 55 gal. W/ 2 oscars, 2 GT, 2 Texas cichlids, and 2 red jeweled cichlid. ( I know all these get big but right now they are all less than 2" [except the oscars they are about 4"] so when they get bigger i will get a biger tank, I'm looking into a 210gal. )
    I dont know anything about fluvals,I got this one at a yard sale for $25, and i was wondering how is the best way to stack the media?

As of right now on the bottom drawer I have it stuffed with some poly fill I had lying around, the next one is half full of cut up straws ( I heard somewhere that was good) I got from various fast food places, then topped with more poly. The next tray is poly again, and the top is full of ceramic rings that came with the filter. Any sugestions? do you think the poly will clog up too fast?

here is a picture of what im talking about.

Last edited by paranoid1123; 10-22-2009, 04:23 AM.

--I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
    -Stephen Roberts

I like that blue stuff better, the one with the white bottom layer.

Comment

i like the filter floss better, a bag of 14oz last me like 2 years on 5 tanks...

Comment

it really depends on the flow of the canister, most goes from bottom to up, so you want corse pad on the bottom, then some rings or whatever you like, i like those thick boba straw mixed with rings, then on the very top you want the filter floss...
        it also depends on how many trays...

Comment

Working...
        X