What is good polishing media???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is good polishing media???

I need to know what is the best suggestions for "polishering" media. I have Aquaclear 110's that I could use...or I have an Eheim 2262 that I could use. I would prefer using the 110's as the polisher, because they are easier to clean. I need something to catch all of the fine particles in the water. Would like a fine filter pad cut to fit for the 110 work?
    250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Besides using a purigen pillow in your AC110.....I would say using a Mag Hot unit would be the next best way to polish your tanks water.

CF
    Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

I just use the Quilt Batting. As a matter of fact..I have not found anything better than quilt batting.

Comment

is that the blue and white stuff?
        250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

I have been using 50 micron cut to fit FELT sheets in my Emperor 400s.

'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
          He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

its white. you can find it at any fabric store.
            fishless

Comment

Purigen period.

Comment

Originally posted by supadave View Post
                I just use the Quilt Batting. As a matter of fact..I have not found anything better than quilt batting.
                +1... that is what I use. Quilt batting is finer than the "blue and white stuff" and is only white. Cheap too.
                Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
                Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
                Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
                Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

I would not use the 2262 as a polisher, way too much flow and a lot more troublesome in cleaning.

The 110's would be perfect with Micron Pad and Filterfloss (quilt batting).
                  380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
                  300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
                  180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
                  150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Comment

Working...
                  X