Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up a new tank.

Hi,

I have just got a new tank and trying to figure out how to get started...
    I had a betta earlier which died yesterday after transferring it to the tank.
    I did use the aqueon solution as per instruction( it sayz 5 ml per gallon) and kept the filter runnin for 2 days before putting thw fish in. I am tring to figure out why my fish died....before i put the new ones inside....

my tank just has some gravel/soil(which was in the fish bowl as well) and a hang on the back filter...

I wud also like to know which chemical is bet to get rid of chlorine and make water safe for fish...

I believe that my fish died coz of 100 % water change, but since this is a new set up i dont have any other option.

thanks

Dhaval

So the betta was in a bowl before you put him in the tank? For how long had you had him?

Sorry he didn't make it. :(

Do you have any test kits for your tank's water? Checking for ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates could point you in the right direction to figure out what happened.

How big is the tank?

How long was the betta in the tank before he died?

I use Prime as my water conditioner.
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Yes the betta was in the bowl for last two months n he was quiet healthy.

I do not have any testing kit at my place....but if possible u can suggest me a reliable one..

I have a 10 gallon tank it was set up two days before the fish was introduced...i had added the aqueon betta conditioner and kept the HOB on for the two days....

The fish was in the tank for 2-3 hours and then it died...

Comment

Working...
      X