Need assistance with Eheim Classic Canister Filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need assistance with Eheim Classic Canister Filter

The specific model is 2217. I'm having difficulty assembling the out-take and the instructions aren't of much help. Perhaps I'm a little dim but my entire family and I have been attempting to install it to no avail. I live in Katy. Please help!
    Discus are like the Kate Moss of the freshwater variety.

What exactly are you having problems with?

Does this help any?

Last edited by algarciajr; 06-24-2010, 08:52 PM.
    150G Tropheus Moorii Ilangi
    125G Tropheus Moorii Ilangi
    115G Tanganyikan

Comment

My filter is a little different from that. It's a similar design but the curved pieces differ.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

You have to cut little pc's of the hose for couplings. Those filters have not changed in 20+ years. unless you are missing parts. Look at Al's pics again maybe it will start to make sense.

Trophs & Petros ONLY

Comment

When I put mine together, the hose was really stiff making it hard to hook the pieces together. I recommend sticking the end of the hose in boiling hot water for a minute or so to soften it up (if that is part of your problem).

Pictures of your parts might be more helpful in understanding what your problem might be.
          Jarrod - Houston, Texas
          150 gallon - my African cichlid monster tank (I know it isn't a big as yours)
          17 gallon - Threadfin rainbows and corys lightly planted
          5 gallon - planted red cherry shrimp breeder
          3 gallon - planted red cherry shrimp breeder

Comment

Thanks for the responses, everyone!

I was able to get the filter up and running but had to omit several pieces and kinda did a make-shift design with the out-take. However, I will have to purchase longer tubing from somewhere since the fixtures hardly fit over the side of my 110 gallon oceanic. Once I get additional tubing I'll cut a piece of the hose to attach the curved piece to the spray tube like fshfrk recommended.

I love Eheim but I'm disappointed with their insufficient directions for installation. So much can go wrong with a filter and to not provide adequate installation instructions is just setting a novice up for disaster.

Any suggestions where I can locate tubing?

Comment

You can get some vinyl tubing 3/4 outside diameter x 1/2 inside diameter at Lowes,HD or any Ace or True Value hardware store.

Trophs & Petros ONLY

Comment

If you go the hardware store route, be sure to get the thick wall variety that fshfrk describes. The hardware stores carry a lot of the thin wall tubing which is too flimsy. It won't work for an intake. It will collapse.

City Pets has the Eheim tubing.
                Jarrod - Houston, Texas
                150 gallon - my African cichlid monster tank (I know it isn't a big as yours)
                17 gallon - Threadfin rainbows and corys lightly planted
                5 gallon - planted red cherry shrimp breeder
                3 gallon - planted red cherry shrimp breeder

Comment

Working...
                X