Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Background Ideas (hope this is the right forum for this)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background Ideas (hope this is the right forum for this)

While I've been knocking down my 55, I've been trying to decide if I want to keep the background blue (paint) or do I want to go black (paint again). Then, I got to thinking how black might not be such a good idea because the fish I've kept to go back into the 55 when I move are black (Tropheus duboisi ) and blue & black(Demasoni). So then I thought, 'What about a mirror?". Or, what about a light cream (paint) to blend with the holey rock I'm going to use?

Anyone have any suggestions (pictures would be great, too) on what would be the best idea? Thanks.

Lib

If you are going to Tropheus sp. "black", I'd stay away from a black background . . . as it will tend to make them look even darker. I think demansoni look fine with a black background, but the lighter background sounds like a decent idea considering that you'll be putting both in the tank.
    Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Thanks. No thoughts on using mirrors?

Lib

Comment

I'm not a fan of mirrors . . .but that is a person choice.
        Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
        Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
        Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
        Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Working...
        X