Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tank / pump system for treating water then pumping to tanks after water change.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tank / pump system for treating water then pumping to tanks after water change.

I am looking for some input on an idea.

I want to setup tank(s) temporarily near the back door that I can slowly fill and treat with water conditioner while I am doing my weekly water changes. I would run the water slowly through my carbon snake while I am vacuuming, cleaning and draining the water from the fish tank. When I am done, I want kick a pump on to quickly refill.

This will give me a chance to mix the water thoroughly with the conditioner before adding it to the tank and the quick fish tank refill of the tank would be nice.

With wacky City of Houston water, I am really paranoid about putting water directly into the tank no matter how slow I refill and despite the fact that I have the carbon snake. As a result, I barely turn the water on and it takes forever.

Has anyone done something similar to this? Emphasis on temporary and mobile equipment that I can pack into a corner of the garage. I need about 80 gallons minimum of tank storage.
    Jarrod - Houston, Texas
    150 gallon - my African cichlid monster tank (I know it isn't a big as yours)
    17 gallon - Threadfin rainbows and corys lightly planted
    5 gallon - planted red cherry shrimp breeder
    3 gallon - planted red cherry shrimp breeder

I don't see a problem with doing what you described.

Bite the bullet and buy a nice sized carbon bottle and be done with it. I did it and couldn't be happier. :)
    300g - Petrochromis Texas "Red Fin" Longola, Petrochromis Red Bulu, Tropheus Red Rainbow Kansanga.

Comment

Working...
    X