Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

150 gallon is now a little unlevel - What do I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 150 gallon is now a little unlevel - What do I do?

I noticed while doing a water change that my 150 gallon is a little out of level. Might be a little more than 1/4" in 6'.

It was level when I set it up and I suspect that my slab might have shifted a tiny bit in this dry weather.

Should I do anything?
    Jarrod - Houston, Texas
    150 gallon - my African cichlid monster tank (I know it isn't a big as yours)
    17 gallon - Threadfin rainbows and corys lightly planted
    5 gallon - planted red cherry shrimp breeder
    3 gallon - planted red cherry shrimp breeder

I could be wrong but I think you'll be fine as long as the stand evenly supports the bottom of the tank. Double check and make sure your stand isn't warping or something thats leaving a slight space between tank and stand in a corner or two. If its the floor, it'll work itself out when the weather changes. Or it may fall through the floor if you have an improperly braced pier and beam foundation or have your tank in just the wrong spot.

I'm sure someone who actually knows what they're talking about will chime in here in a bit...
    135 gal Fahaka Puffer
    150 gal Threadfin Acaras, Angels, Red Spotted Severum, Gold Severum, and a Silver Dollar
    185 gal Demasoni, Yellow Labs, Venustus, Rustys, Plecos, Clown Loaches, and Sharks

Comment

Put some shimmies under it.

If not, the chances of the glasses cracking will increase.

The water not being leveled will put extra pressure on the glass.
      I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Like stated above you can always buy some shims . You can get them at Home Depot in either wood or plastic and the price is less than $2.00 .

Comment

Originally posted by supadave View Post
          Like stated above you can always buy some shims . You can get them at Home Depot in either wood or plastic and the price is less than $2.00 .
          I would shim the stand, not the tank.
          300 Gallon Moshi, Clown loaches.
          180 Gallon Red Bulu, Clown Loaches.
          120 Gallon Ikola, Clown Loaches.
          92 Gallon Duboisi, Clown Loaches.
          40 Gallion fry.
          10 Gallon fry.
          33 Gallon Shrimp.
          4000 Gallon Koi.

Comment

Hey man what's up? I don't know If u noticed my tanks stands when u came over to buy the mag 9 awhile back..my foundation were my tanks are in the back yard is not even ... But tanks all have steel supporting them evenly for now...

Comment

Working...
            X