Wet/dry Vs Eheim 2262

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wet/dry Vs Eheim 2262

I am thinking about buying a large tank tomorrow, and still deciding on which is a better filter Wet/dry system or 2 or 3 of them large eheim. Your opinion and experience will guide me to the right path LOL.

Wet/dry is better I guess.. oxygenates and ultimate ammonia/nitrite remover. I personally have 2x2262's and a w/d ran by a Mag 24 on my 300 and it still doesn't seem like enough. I like both.

On my new tank I'm going to try a moving bed bio reactor with sock filters... supposed to be the ultimate bio filter. We'll see.......

Comment

How is your wet/dry peter, is it loud compare to eheim? I probably going to do it like you using both. Its not going to be a 300 gallons tank, i wish i have the space for one like that. Just 180 gallons. But i am krazy for the water quality, therefore i want a good system for it.

Comment

Mine wet dry is louder than it could be. I'm still working out the sound issues.. mainly from the high flow rate. Eheims are quiet as can be.

Comment

Red, you better come to see someone's tanks with the wet dry filter before you make decision to buy one. wet dry filter is always a little louder than canister filter. but like Peter says, it's a great filter.

Comment

MBBR.

Comment

I would go 2-3 canisters over a wetdry if I had to pick.

Both would be best as started. Nothing beats a water change.
              I ate my fish that died.

Comment

I'm planing on buy your wet/dry specialalone, thats why i gotta ask for some opinon.

Comment

haha
                  i just tried to give you some advices. don't rush. take your time and do it right.

Comment

This thread belongs elsewhere.
                    Houston Area Aquatic Plant Society
                    Also follow us on Facebook and APC

Comment

So does your post....seeing as a mod posted and didn't say anything about it
                      -55g : 12x Mbunas / 1x Peacock
                      FX5 w/ Hydor ETH200

-125g : 11x Male Peacocks / 9x Male Haps / 3x Mbuna
                      FX5 w/ Hydor ETH300
                      125g Youtube Video <--- click

Comment

Originally posted by Roujin View Post
                        This thread belongs elsewhere.
                        Why do you think this ? The OP is asking about Aquarium Equipment .

Comment

Originally posted by supadave View Post
                          Why do you think this ? The OP is asking about Aquarium Equipment .
                          This used to be under For Sale items.... MBBR.

Comment

Working...
                          X