What would you pay for it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you pay for it?

I found what I Think is a helluva deal. What would you pay for a 150gal oceanic, light's, stand, sump tank, sump pump, over flow boxes in tank, hoses, plumbing. It's dirty as heck. Needs a good bath. I'm sure there's other stuff with it but, didn't have alot of time to give it a good look over. Also, the center brace has been removed but, it's still with the tank. Can you use it without it or not? Thank's for your help.

I know that most people would want to spend as little as possible but, i'd really like an honest figure if you were the one wanting to buy it.
    Lori's husband Bill.

You must use the center brace in a 150 I had a 145 and the center brace came loose and it separated enough for me to loosely put my fingers between the front and the center brace so most defiantly you need to reinstall it. The description of the extras are not desriptive enough for me to give you a accurate price of what I would pay
    Last edited by jhenry; 02-14-2011, 02:44 PM.
    Custom Aquarium Cabinets Justin Henry 281-739-8723

Comment

First , I think a Mod will move this to another forum as it really doesn't fall within the For Sale Forum guidelines .

As for an answer to your question........that will be strictly up to what is the deal worth to you since you are the buyer . What one person finds value in...another person might think otherwise . IMO...sight unseen..and based only upon the description that you have provided........I would say about $250.00 . As for the center brace......I think you should not use it without repairing it . Tanks that are over 55 gallons...will start to bow in the middle if there is no center brace . Also , keep in mind ...that if the center brace has fallen out ...........pay close attention to the silicon seams ..as they maybe in need of repair , also .

Comment

Originally posted by supadave View Post
        First , I think a Mod will move this to another forum as it really doesn't fall within the For Sale Forum guidelines .

As for an answer to your question........that will be strictly up to what is the deal worth to you since you are the buyer . What one person finds value in...another person might think otherwise . IMO...sight unseen..and based only upon the description that you have provided........I would say about $250.00 . As for the center brace......I think you should not use it without repairing it . Tanks that are over 55 gallons...will start to bow in the middle if there is no center brace . Also , keep in mind ...that if the center brace has fallen out ...........pay close attention to the silicon seams ..as they maybe in need of repair , also .
        I agreem completey with that that tank is worthless to me it's to small you need to see what is the you can afford and don't offend the seller by going to low remember he once paid good hard earned money for it don't be cheap
        Custom Aquarium Cabinets Justin Henry 281-739-8723

Comment

Hard to say wihout seeing this in person....sounds like it could be worth anywhere from 225 to 375 .....maybe more......if the seller where to take the time to fix the center brace/tank....clean all the componets....they might be able to get 450 or more.....just depends on overall condition of all the items seen separately....

If all items were LIKE NEW......I might go as high as 600 or more.....

Good Luck...

CF
          Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

depends on stand, lights, pump, condition of tank,

$250 is too low, especially if lights are metal halide or some combination of T5

Comment

Alright fella's. That's all I needed to hear. Thank's for the help Justin.
              Lori's husband Bill.

Comment

FYI: I moved it to the aquarium equipment section. :)
                Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
                Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
                Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
                Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

I bought my 240 (tank and lids only) with a broken center brace, and the other two were intact, the center brace was latterly broken in half, I don't know how it happened I didnt ask. But, I related it will the glass before I tried to fill it up. I found the tank on craigslist and the seller was asking 700 for it and I talked him down to 250. Hopefully this will give you some
                  Kind of idea as to what other people are getting for tanks broken like that.
                  46 gallon bow front
                  Grow Out Cichlid tank

240 gallon long
                  Community SA/CA/African Cichlid (we will see how it works out....)

Comment

Working...
                  X