Bulkhead Fitting Size for Bottom Drilled Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulkhead Fitting Size for Bottom Drilled Tank

I'm having a 90 gallon tank made and I'm going to have the bottom drilled to attach a canister filter (some largish Eheim using 5/8 tubing). There is no overflow box or sump, etc. Would 3/4" bulkhead fittings be sufficent to handle this flow? I prefer the smaller fitting to keep risers as near the rear glass as possible.

I will probably be using two filters, so I'm planning on four holes, two in each rear corner. Any comments?

Thanks, John

You should use a 1inch bulkhead for the intake and a 3/4 inch bulkhead for the return on a Eheim 2260or2262 that is what I have on both of my tanks. Just to let you know you can only use the 2250 2260 2262 on a bottom drilled tank do not attempt to use anything else the pressure on the water will push the top off any other filter
    Custom Aquarium Cabinets Justin Henry 281-739-8723

Comment

Originally posted by jhenry View Post
      You should use a 1inch bulkhead for the intake and a 3/4 inch bulkhead for the return on a Eheim 2260or2262 that is what I have on both of my tanks. Just to let you know you can only use the 2250 2260 2262 on a bottom drilled tank do not attempt to use anything else the pressure on the water will push the top off any other filter
      +1
      Fishtafarian- Fish are more than just a hobby, they are an obsession.

110 gal Tall (Angel Community)
      29 gal (Planted Puffer)
      10 gal (snails and small planted)
      5 gal Hex (shrimp)

Comment

Thanks for the comments, but not god news for me. I had been planning on the new style canisters. Those you suggested will never fit in my filter box (as jhenry the builder of it should know lol). And i really like my cabinet, maybe time for another upgrade?

Thank, John

Comment

Oh yes the side cabinet is to small for a large Eheim sorry to break the news to you John

Comment

Can you use a shorter 2250 canister?

Comment

Originally posted by ssrprelude View Post
              Can you use a shorter 2250 canister?
              The side cabinet that was made for the filters. Was made for no larger than two 2217 it is not wide enough for a 2250 height is not the problem but if you need i can make the side cabinet larger for you if needed John

Comment

Oic, making a bigger cabinet is the only option. Justin on a side note, I need a stand for my 36 in 58g. Basic flat top with two doors. Pm me price.

Comment

Working...
                X