No announcement yet.

RR 180 with cannister filters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yep! I'll go back and make sure everything is tight on them. I'm also going to put the filter on a mouse pad and see if that helps
    180 - reef
    30 - reef

Comment

Originally posted by jhenry View Post
      I don't know none of mine ever made noise out of the box. Question did you instahl and tighten the four screws that hold the motor down?
      +1

Comment

All of them tight. There is no vibration on the canister side it starts up the pump and travels up the flex hose. Any other ideas?
        180 - reef
        30 - reef

Comment

Close all valves remove the pump and make sure that the rubber grommets are on each end of the impeller shaft or that the impeller shaft is not broken none of mine vibrate
          Custom Aquarium Cabinets Justin Henry 281-739-8723

Comment

kick it really really hard
            I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Originally posted by myjohnson View Post
              kick it really really hard
              That is another option

Comment

Eheim is quiet now.... just took it a couple of days to break in I guess.

I've got another problem now - tank temp is rising. A mag 12 and eheim 2262 are my only pumps on the system and it is being heated by a JBJ titanium heater/controller that is set for 78. Lighting is via marineland LEDs over glass tops (glass under lights is not even warm to the touch). Current tank temp is 80.6. House temp is kept around 76/77. Other small tank is reading 77.4 Non of my fish (tanganyikans) looked stressed but it's a few degrees warmer than what I want it to be.

Any ideas what could be making the temp rise? What can I do about it?
                180 - reef
                30 - reef

Comment

One thought are you sure your thermometer is good and 80 is not a problem I run my tanks at 80-82

Comment

Glass, coralife and JBJ all agree on temp. Unplugged heater and I'm still rising - 80.8
                    180 - reef
                    30 - reef

Comment

It is most likely the motors heating up the water.

My open top 125g runs at 80-81.

I have a mag 12 powering a wetdry rated for a 200g tank, 2 x eheim 2260.

I fine that my fishes grow faster and my fry develop faster at higher temps.

These temps are common to lake tang during the summer months. Shouldn't be a issue.
                      I ate my fish that died.

Comment

If mag 12 is in the W/D sump, there's your heat. The external pump on an Eheim add litttle to no heat to water.

Comment

Looks like it stabilized over night at 80.8 - guess I'll let it ride and see how it does. If worse comes to worse I'll just drill the wet/dry and add an external pump or throw on a chiller.
                          180 - reef
                          30 - reef

Comment

Trust me. Nothing to worry about.
                            I ate my fish that died.

Comment

+1 I run my tanks 81-82 breeding and growth in my opinion is better the warmer it is

Comment

Originally posted by jhenry View Post
                                +1 I run my tanks 81-82 breeding and growth in my opinion is better the warmer it is

+1

Comment

Working...
                                X