fish/light issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fish/light issues

So I got a light from a fellow hfb member I set it up and my fish hides in the pot I placed for her but as soon as I turn the light off she is all over the tank. Will she ever get used to the light or should i just take it off?
    Attached Files
    Forget the dog.
    Beware of fish!
    :ertrink:

She might get used to it. But if I were you, I'd add a couple more decorations to the tank to make her feel a little more secure. It might be that the light just made her realize that if she leaves her pot, she's really out in the open.

Adding more potential hiding places, I've found, tends to make a fish feel more secure. At least that's what they tell me. )

Kidding, but yeah, that's what I would do. Plastic plants, rocks (that are aquarium safe and/or have been rinsed well), etc. are good options.
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

running on hard times right now but as soon as i can get somoe decorations i will
      Forget the dog.
      Beware of fish!
      :ertrink:

Comment

You can get some really nice rocks for free. Driving down a country road pull off go to the creek and look around. Stop by a rock yard and you can get a 10lb rock for .10 cents a pound. I bet if you drive down the Texas City Dike you could find some good stuff. You will need to clean these but thats easy. If you come up to the northside I got some nice rocks I will give you. Good Luck.

Trophs & Petros ONLY

Comment

Working...
        X