Not sure where to post this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure where to post this

Before you guys nail me to the wall, i'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong spot. My AC110 stopped working yesterday. No humming in the pump, nothing. Is there any parts that can be replaced? Is it toast? I've never had this problem before. But, i'm in desperate need of a fix. It's on my 75 gal, which has is full of fish and new babies. I realize every pet store in town has new pumps and filters. I'm looking to fix the one I have if at all possible. Thanks.
    Lori's husband Bill.

I bet a new impeller will fix it. Call City Pets I bet they have one in stock. Good luck.

Trophs & Petros ONLY

Comment

Thanks FF.
      Lori's husband Bill.

Comment

Don't know if you have tried this, but sometimes a tiny piece of debris of some sort will stop the impeller from spinning.....if you take off the intake tube and take a long solidy object like a pen or pencil and push the blades of the impeller, sometimes, if it is stuck...it will restart .....do this while it's plugged in of course.

If this doesn't work....then call city pets....smiles

CF
        Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Take the whole thing with you to CP . . . get them to help you out.
          Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
          Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
          Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
          Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Make sure you go in the morning or early afternoon and talk to David he can take care of you.
            Custom Aquarium Cabinets Justin Henry 281-739-8723

Comment

Take the impeller out and scrub the housing walls with an old tooth brush. Do the same to the impeller.

Rinse everything real good before putting it back together.

I've had a algae type film build up in the housing causing the impeller magnet loose contact with the housing in the past.

Hope it works. If not the impeller probably is probably shot and as suggested City Pets should be able to fix you up.

Comment

Originally posted by danielp View Post
                Take the impeller out and scrub the housing walls with an old tooth brush. Do the same to the impeller.

Rinse everything real good before putting it back together.

I've had a algae type film build up in the housing causing the impeller magnet loose contact with the housing in the past.

Hope it works. If not the impeller probably is probably shot and as suggested City Pets should be able to fix you up.
                +1 you should be cleaning that filter periodically
                Custom Aquarium Cabinets Justin Henry 281-739-8723

Comment

Thanks to all. Complete laziness on my part. It was filthy. I should have checked it out before making an *** out of myself here. What kind of father am I too my kids. Lead by exsample I always say. Be glad when they move out. Hah.
                  Lori's husband Bill.

Comment

Did you get it fixed? I have an extra you can borrow temporarily, and you live close by.
                    210G Malawi haps, peacocks, and clown loaches
                    135G buccochromis rhoadesii & 135G Malawi haps & peacocks
                    125G aristochromis christi & 125G Malawi hap & old clown loaches
                    90G star sapphire
                    75G buccochromis rhoadesii
                    55G ?
                    30G aulonacara Midnight & 30G eclectochromis fry

Comment

Working...
                    X