TrueLumen Pro LEDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrueLumen Pro LEDs

Does anyone know a store that carries them locally? I know I can get them online, but would rather support the LFS if someone has them.

PS: They have some nice videos on Current's website..)
    Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Tim, try City Pets. They're getting me some Ecoxotic Stunner 8000Ks for a very good price.
    http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

Ironically, I have some 8000K Ecoxotic Stunners . . . I'm a little underwhelmed by their performance.
      Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
      Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
      Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
      Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Tim,

If you weren't impressed by the Ecoxotic Stunner, then you might not be too impress with the TrueLumen Pro LEDs. It has to deal with the type of LEDs these fixtures come with. These two fixtures come with what are called "1w" LEDs (at least from what I can tell on their website) as compared to "3w" LEDs on an AI or maxspect LED fixture. The title of 1w vs. 3w is a little misleading but we can get into that later if needed.

In short, the 3w LEDs are more efficient than 1w LEDs. At 350mA, a 3w LED has more output and thus higher PAR values. Most 1w LED has an output around 70-80lm. The 3w LEDS can produce 120-140lm at 350mA. The 3w LED will run cooler and more efficiently compared to the 1w LEDs.

p.s. I'm no expert on LEDs. These statements come from my limited experience from using LEDs and reading some stuff on reef forums.
        I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Got my 8000K stunners today. I must say that I'm very pleased with how they look in my tanks. They are as bright as the 130 watt CF fixture I had on the 75 gal and little dimmer than the two 96W fixtures I had on the 125 gal. So I'm satisfied with how it looks in my 75 gal but I might double up on the LEDs for the 125 gal to match the CF fixtures but I like it the way it is for now. Runs way cooler than the CFs so I expect to see a little dip in the electric bill

Last edited by SunnyHouTX; 08-02-2011, 06:45 AM.
          http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyHouTX View Post
            Got my 8000K stunners today. I must say that I'm very pleased with how they look in my tanks. They are as bright as the 130 watt CF fixture I had on the 75 gal and little dimmer than the two 96W fixtures I had on the 125 gal. So I'm satisfied with how it looks in my 75 gal but I might double up on the LEDs for the 125 gal to match the CF fixtures but I like it the way it is for now. Runs way cooler than the CFs so I expect to see a little dip in the electric bill

Dang, how many did you buy?!?!?!?? I have 6 on my 10 gallon alone!
            ADA mini-m planted
            ADA mini-m riparium
            ADA 30-C nano reef
            ADA 90-P community Tanganyikan
            ADA 120-p overflow Full reef in progress
            Eheim 90cm SA biotope
            110g Peacocks

Comment

Originally posted by myjohnson View Post
              Tim,

If you weren't impressed by the Ecoxotic Stunner, then you might not be too impress with the TrueLumen Pro LEDs. It has to deal with the type of LEDs these fixtures come with. These two fixtures come with what are called "1w" LEDs (at least from what I can tell on their website) as compared to "3w" LEDs on an AI or maxspect LED fixture. The title of 1w vs. 3w is a little misleading but we can get into that later if needed.

In short, the 3w LEDs are more efficient than 1w LEDs. At 350mA, a 3w LED has more output and thus higher PAR values. Most 1w LED has an output around 70-80lm. The 3w LEDS can produce 120-140lm at 350mA. The 3w LED will run cooler and more efficiently compared to the 1w LEDs.

p.s. I'm no expert on LEDs. These statements come from my limited experience from using LEDs and reading some stuff on reef forums.

No way. The true lumens absolutely BLOW AWAY the stunners. Don't believe everything you read on the net. Tim, call me tomorrow. True lumen is the way to go right now. I think I know where they are going =)
              ADA mini-m planted
              ADA mini-m riparium
              ADA 30-C nano reef
              ADA 90-P community Tanganyikan
              ADA 120-p overflow Full reef in progress
              Eheim 90cm SA biotope
              110g Peacocks

Comment

Working...
              X