Who Uses Seachem Safe ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Uses Seachem Safe ?

I have a few questions for anyone who uses Seachem Safe dechlorinator . Can this be mixed to make a gallon and stored to be used a little at a time ? Also , how much Safe does it take to make 1 gallon ? I've used Prime for years and love it....but just trying to see if Safe is the better choice .

Dave,
    This is what the seachem website said answering your question.

"Safe does not have the stabilizers, like Prime, to keep it stable in liquid form. We do not recommend mixing it and storing it for future use."

Comment

I switch from prime about a year ago and I'm really happy with it, just use the correct amount (1 tsp treat 200 gal)

Comment

Originally posted by mgarrido View Post
        I switch from prime about a year ago and I'm really happy with it, just use the correct amount (1 tsp treat 200 gal)
        +1 that's how I roll with it
        Custom Aquarium Cabinets Justin Henry 281-739-8723

Comment

So do you dissolve the powder in some water first...and then add to the tank ? Or do you add the powder directly to the tank prior to adding the new water ?

Comment

Originally posted by supadave View Post
            So do you dissolve the powder in some water first...and then add to the tank ? Or do you add the powder directly to the tank prior to adding the new water ?
            I've seen people do that namely Crowder. I actually start adding water then add the correct amount in powder directly to the tank.
            Custom Aquarium Cabinets Justin Henry 281-739-8723

Comment

I move 4 kilos of this stuff. Holla at me Dave.

Only noobs use prime. :)
              I ate my fish that died.

Comment

yep.... add to tank.. right when you are filling up... i use 1/4 table spoon measuring spoon.. treats 50 gallons.. i put a little more for my 75g/60cube tank.. and less for my 40 breeders

SAFE ROCKS!

North American Discus Association, Secretary (N.A.D.A.)
                N.A.D.A Facebook
                Jester - S0S Crew Texas

Comment

i use a return hose from my phython which runs through a ebay 2 stage 1 micron poly filter and then a carbon block.then i dose half the recommended amount of prime.its amazing watching the poly 1 micron block turn from snow white to a muddy orange in less then 300 gallons.the carbon block helps alittle bit but now due to the chlormines you ether need safe/prime or active charcoal.
                  so i say even if you feel like a safe seachem aquarist i highly recommend atleast a 1 micron better yet .5 micron poly prefilter due to the muddy orange soup thats being dumped into your aquarium.that orange junk in the citytap is a nitrate induced fish coma thats gonna belly up safe seachem aquarist throughout the fishbox!
                  now load up on some polyblocks and get your glocks cocked.

Comment

Working...
                  X