How to quiet Marineland HOB filter.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to quiet Marineland HOB filter.

Sounds like the impeller shaft is hitting something because it's louder than I'd prefer. Anyway to diagnose and fix this?
    210gPetrochromis Macrognatus Green 'Nsumbu
    125g Mdoka White Lip

"Success is the willingness to fail"

what i do i giggle the media and that solves the problems with the noise on any of my HOBs
    75g Tank,
    2- Wild Scalare Angel 2-wild Angel snakeskin, 2-half blue half black Angels, 5-Guianacara Geayi, 4- Blue Rams(1m/3f), 1- L144, 1- Pleco unknown type 1-Blue Neon Goby
    2.5g Mini Monter - Shrimp Tank
    10-RCS, 1-Red Sakura 5-Malawa, 8-Boraras Brigittie, 1-Adonis Pleco, 1-Zebra Nerite, 1-Horned Nerite
    10g Tank
    Hospital 2-F. Endlers

2-29g Empty Tank, 20L Empty Tank , 125g Empty Tank[SIGPIC]sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by R_sustaita View Post
      what i do i giggle the media and that solves the problems with the noise on any of my HOBs
      HUH!!!???
      125g Mdoka White Lip

Comment

when my HOB is making noise, what i do is move around the media/cartige and that helps.
        75g Tank,
        2- Wild Scalare Angel 2-wild Angel snakeskin, 2-half blue half black Angels, 5-Guianacara Geayi, 4- Blue Rams(1m/3f), 1- L144, 1- Pleco unknown type 1-Blue Neon Goby
        10-RCS, 1-Red Sakura 5-Malawa, 8-Boraras Brigittie, 1-Adonis Pleco, 1-Zebra Nerite, 1-Horned Nerite
        10g Tank
        Hospital 2-F. Endlers

Comment

Try unplugging and rinsethe impeller part and take out the impeller and media and rinse the whole hob

Comment

Rinse? wouldnt that remove all bacteria?
            75g Tank,
            10g Tank
            Hospital 2-F. Endlers

Comment

Bacteria is in your cartridges, and tank. Bacteria on propeller is of little concern. It will be replaced soon enough.
              ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Yeah I'm setting up a new tank. I'll see if it can buy a new impeller shaft. Bacteria isnt my concern at the moment. :-)
                125g Mdoka White Lip

Comment

Try just giving it a good breakdown and look over, put it back together. It should quiet the impeller as they are not supposed to be loud. Perhaps a bit of debris or sand in the impeller shaft or perhaps its come out of the guide slots? It certainly sounds mechanical and should be fixable, just try plugging it in at different stages of reassembly and that should give you an idea on what the culprit is. It can be run dry for a few seconds without any damage.
                  In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
                  Desiderius Erasmus
                  GHAC President

Comment

gotcha, good info.
                    75g Tank,
                    10g Tank
                    Hospital 2-F. Endlers

Comment

Working...
                    X