Eheim 2262 HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eheim 2262 HELP!!!

I cleaned my 2262 today and re-assembled everything, plugged it in and there was a pretty decent leak coming from the pump housing. I removed, cleaned and lubed all the orings and reassembled, a leak again. After 3 hours of dicking around, it still leaks. Does anyone know where I can get a set of 2 orings for the connecter elbow and the one for the pump cover? I'm so frustrated right now I'm about to go buy an fx5. Filter is 7 months old and was bought brand new from kensfish.com

I really don't want this filter to be down long, so any help would be appreciated.

City Pets should have them.

Did you pinch the o-ring? The cover screwed on decently tight enough. Soak the o-rings in some boiling water and whip some silicone paste on there and see how it does.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Thanks for the quick response ek.

Unfortunately for me, I'm in cali. I'll try your suggestion. Vaseline ok?

Comment

PS - pretty sure I didn't pinch anything, but I suppose I could have

Comment

LoL. ok shoot amazon a search and it should bring back mad hits.

The screws need to be somewhat tight... hard to explain but "torque to yield" just enough to snug and not too much where you crack the threaded area.

Vaseline should work.

There's also the elbows that work down to the canister itself so make sure that isn't lose or cracked.
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

No dice. It's effed up. I bought it new from kensfish and dude responded in like 5 minutes saying he would handle it. So, we will see.

Comment

You can find equivalent o-rings for the pump at your local auto parts store.
              Last edited by SunnyHouTX; 03-23-2012, 06:20 PM.
              http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

This same problem hpnd to my brothers 2262 when I cleaned it I just took it apart again and took the o ring off and cleaned all the old slime build up off of it so it would have a snug fit again then put it back together it was fine after that. I didnt have to replace anything and his was brand new also.

Comment

Lesson here, don't clean your eheims... I hate cleaning canisters. Too messy.
                  210gPetrochromis Macrognatus Green 'Nsumbu
                  125g Mdoka White Lip

"Success is the willingness to fail"

Comment

I didn't think you needed to... run them full of bio and just let the beast do it's thing.
                    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

sump handles the bulk of bio. Just needed a boost in the mechanical department. A fx5 would've done the trick, but I'm an eheim guy at heart.
                      Last edited by swk; 03-23-2012, 06:15 PM. Reason: poor anglish

Comment

Eheim shadows fluval by far.

Now having first hand experience there's no comparison.
                        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by swk View Post
                          sump handles the bulk of bio. Just needed a boost in the mechanical department. A fx5 would've done the trick, but I'm an eheim guy at heart.
                          This is what I do in the of my tanks now. More than happy with results. Fourth tank has two Eheims and a wet/dry but tank is too new top really make a comparison.
                          http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

Working...
                          X