No announcement yet.

Marineland eclipse 12 leaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The water is flowing just fine the way I have it packed. I say give it a try and see how it goes. If the water flow decreases too much, adjust your packing.

I kept the biowheel on, mainly because I don't know what else to do with it so why not. But I don't really see much point in it to be honest. If nothing else, it serves and an indicator for the flow rate by how fast it spins.
    Vicki

• 90g Planted - Journal - New Pics Mar23
    • 75g Planted - Journal (on PT)
    • 29g Planted - Journal
    • 29g Planted
    • 5g Planted RCS

Comment

hmm, i used to run biowheels off of my magnum canisters on fish only and discus tanks and they worked extremely well for high bioloads. I liked the emperor 400s too until they would start loosing their prime after calcium encrustation
      75G Standard - High Light Planted Community Fish
      28G Aquapod - Medium Light Planted Shrimp & Microrasboras
      12G Eclipse - Bonsai Planted Betta & Shrimp
      29G Standard - Vivarium w/ Red Devil Crabs
      45G Exo-Terra - Terrarium w/ Hermit Crabs (in progress)
      33G Cubish - Vivarium w/ D.auratus 'blue & bronze'

GHAC Member

Comment

I could be wrong, but I suspect the beneficial bacteria was in other places in the tank (substrate, plants, etc) and not just on the biowheels. I just don't believe those biowheels are able to load up on enough bacteria to be the major reservoir of a tank's bacteria colony (as opposed to packing it like a canister). But I could be wrong. I have no way of testing it. Either way, it certainly doesn't hurt anything which is why I've left mine in.
        Vicki

• 90g Planted - Journal - New Pics Mar23
        • 75g Planted - Journal (on PT)
        • 29g Planted - Journal
        • 29g Planted
        • 5g Planted RCS

Comment

Working...
        X