Wet dry problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wet dry problem.

So I have a wet dry PC300 and I have the blue filter block in it but it seems to still get dirty stuff on to the side where the pump is.... Is that normal? What can I do to prevent this?

hmmm... it should be the other way, dirt is suppose to accumulate on the opposite side of the pump but I guess maybe it's drawing it through the sponge and at the last stretch it gets clogged?

I usually throw that part away since every time you pull it out to clean you end up making a damn mess in the sump part so it's kinda counter productive IMO.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Just remove it and vaccum it out when you clean the pads.

Comment

there is no filter pad or sponge that will stop 100% of debris, so it will settle in your wet dry. just gonna have to clean it out periodically.
        25g - Reef
        3.5g - Surge Tank
        10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

Thanks guys... But I would think that pad would do something. Hahha guess not much. Would anyone recommend putting the blue AC filter padding where the drip tray is? I've seen some people run it like so but not sure if that's the right way to go

Comment

what is blue ac padding? the bonded padding stuff?

I use the cheap blue bonded, walmart quilt batting that is 100% polyester

You could buy the thick sheet of filter padding that are cut into squares for wet/dry already from CityPets and with that you could just spray it off with the water hose and re-use.
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Yea. The blue and white padding... I think that's what all LFS do.. Buy stuff for home improvement and make it into aquarium stuff..

Comment

yeah, the blue bonded pad, as long as it wasn't treated with anything then yeah.
                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I read that some have fiberglass.... Is that aquarium safe?

Comment

I don't see why not. A lot of monster tanks are made with fiberglass and fiberglass resin.

You have to watch out for anything that has mildew inhibitors or the like.
                    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Ah ok..

Comment

Working...
                      X