No announcement yet.

NLS foods??? ExLg/Mega fish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hahaha he does the same every time I'm there. Argh! So awesome but so awful at the same time!
    All bleeding stops eventually...

Comment

Originally posted by myjohnson View Post
      Lol, how you sound like a ghetto Vietnamese chick?
      Just for you, thai spice.
      All bleeding stops eventually...

Comment

LOL I love tea house... don't know what pho is...

Get some large breed puppy food LOL
        Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

The 7.5mm floating is easier to swallow down than the 10mm sinking pellets. I know a couple people on MFK that feed their 20"+ Polypterus the 10mm pellets.. No problems. Top swimming fish like Arowana should be fed the 7.5mm floating since they have weak chewing capabilities. I believe Pharaoh(Or Pharoh, not sure on spelling) on MFK may have it in the 5lb buckets. His rate is 55 dollars shipped for the standard sizes of NLS, so I'm not sure if it's the same or higher for the bigger sizes of NLS pellets.

Comment

I may have to try some these foods y'all are throwing around, I'm trying to find a pellet my fahaka will take without it being wrapped in shrimp. Its spoiled...
            20g mixed reef

Comment

My MBU was taught this way, I hold it up top and now the MBU takes food from the water surface
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by DTony View Post
                The 7.5mm floating is easier to swallow down than the 10mm sinking pellets. I know a couple people on MFK that feed their 20"+ Polypterus the 10mm pellets.. No problems. Top swimming fish like Arowana should be fed the 7.5mm floating since they have weak chewing capabilities. I believe Pharaoh(Or Pharoh, not sure on spelling) on MFK may have it in the 5lb buckets. His rate is 55 dollars shipped for the standard sizes of NLS, so I'm not sure if it's the same or higher for the bigger sizes of NLS pellets.
                Thanks for the info!

I have a person I deal with for buckets so I'll check him first and if he doesn't have it I'll hit up your suggestion.
                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa View Post
                  My MBU was taught this way, I hold it up top and now the MBU takes food from the water surface
                  My puffer will take a pellet, bite it then spit it out. One time I saw him eat the shrimp then spit the pellet out.
                  20g mixed reef

Comment

I stuff shrimp full of NLS Thera+A and he scarfs down the whole thing.
                    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by nightster View Post
                      I may have to try some these foods y'all are throwing around, I'm trying to find a pellet my fahaka will take without it being wrapped in shrimp. Its spoiled...
                      NLS is one of the harder pellets to get fish to take. The best imo, but it takes a little patience to get fish to accept it. A few days of starving always works.. Not sure if not feeding puffers for a couple days does anything harmful though.

Comment

Not sure about the fahaka but if I starve my guy for a day he's up at the top begging for food!
                        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Pretty much any day I don't feed him, he begs. Ill take the shrimp and cut it into bite size pieces and stuff them with nls. He usually takes the whole thing, but I have seen him chew the nls out of it once. It was after a few pieces so he wasn't as hungry...
                          20g mixed reef

Comment

I was reading some of the threads on NLS and pablo stated NLS is meant to be swallowed whole or most fish swallow whole which minimizes waste in the water column.

I'm thinking smaller pieces should be used.
                            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I miss snoop
                              Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

He's still around
                                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
                                X