Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Nano powerhead!

Powerheads create watermovement.

The more watermovement in the tank the better chance you will have higher oxygen levels in the aquarium because O2 rich layers at the top of the water column will be mixed better throughout the aquarium.

Basically promote surface agitation and water movement to prevent dead spots and promotes overall O2 levels to be higher throught the tank.
    380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
    300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
    180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
    150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Comment

So is there a difference between air pumps and powerheads?  Maybe the distribution of oxygen differs?
      Michael
      Clear Lake, TX

Comment

airpumps do the same thing with use of a airstone or powering a undergravel filter.

You can also use the powerheads on undergravel filters also.

Powerheads can also be used with sponge filters, or just use for watermovement.

You got to be careful on which powerhead you purchase, because some are not meant to be used as a filter.

Comment

The suction cups I found work if you really lean on them....try and get the bubble out from behind them or what the seller has rec. using silicone paste on them.
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I remember using vasoline on them in the past, you could take one and rub vasoline all over it, that softens them up. From what I understand, vasoline is not harmful to use inside the tank, as long as you don't have a clump or excess amount of it.

CF
            Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

how is everyones powerheads doing? Mine continuously slow output to a small dribble. It can take up to 20 minutes to get one back to full output. It seems as though the impeller does not want to work properly. The strainer and output part seems to fall off pretty easily.

Anyone else have these kind of issues?

Comment

The strainer is notched and needs to be turned to lock in place and I don't use the reducer output thing. As for the flow one of mine did it before but it doesn't anymore.
                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I still have not gotten mine from Traci.  She must be keeping them for something..

Comment

The ones I have in the Troph tanks, I haven't had a single issue with.  

The ones I put in with the large Africans do tend to get bumped and the bottom part has fallen off.  We just snap it back together and it's back to normal again though.  

I also haven't seen reduced flow issues.  

I'll PM you later with the order info if you want to contact Fragglereef.com.  They are very responsive.
                    Our Fishhouse
                    Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

• Re: New Nano powerhead!

Originally posted by geoff_tropheus";p="
                      I still have not gotten mine from Traci.  She must be keeping them for something..
                      Yes, I'm holding them for ransom....waiting for your new fish to produce some fry....  

Actually, will you be at the GHAC meeting this Friday?
                      Our Fishhouse
                      Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

Working...
                      X