If I Were Rich...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by morpheus View Post
    just by engineering standpoint i never have heard of anything like it...i doubt all the people who got offended have natural water pumping continuously right from the source

Chester - Fly to Turkey and suggest that to him

Refinery in Australia pumps sea water something like 40 miles to the plant for cooling purposes, and then back, so I'd imagine a few blocks is childs play to the experts.

Comment

Originally posted by mr big87 View Post
      Refinery in Australia pumps sea water something like 40 miles to the plant for cooling purposes, and then back, so I'd imagine a few blocks is childs play to the experts.
      i have heard of it for power plants to cool reactors, but not for civilian aquarium purposes

Comment

that's what they did at Fukushima
        I have the patience of a goldfish....

Comment

i have heard of it for power plants to cool reactors, but not for civilian aquarium purposes
          I guess if you're one of those few people with more money than you know what to do with, all sorts of possibilities open up. Must be nice.

Comment

just by engineering standpoint i never have heard of anything like it...i doubt all the people who got offended have natural water pumping continuously right from the source

Chester - Fly to Turkey and suggest that to him
            Several fish farms use this method. Hangman was talking about this for his pond at his new house. He was talking about using the water from the lake to filter his pond.

Comment

Its really not all that impressive. Just holds a bunch of fish people over there eat. So if u think there new fish in and out of the tank all the time. And sea water is used so probably just a large pump in reality for filtration. Nothing fancy. I could think of a whole lot better way to spend 21k on an ultimate aquarium. Jut sayin !!
              5 gal baby hecqui grow out
              7 gal baby compressicps
              14 bio cube fry tank, multies-orange leleupi-telmatochromis
              4 tank rack- 30 cubes. Shellies, mulities-brevis-telmatochromis-caudopunctaus
              100 gal mixed community tank
              125 Tropheus black bembas

Tanngankia cichlids what else

Comment

+1 Fish farms and bait shops use this tipe of setup. +1 on finding a lot better things to spend $ 21,000.00 on.
                If I had the money to build anything I want. I would build my house with part of it in the Lake or ocean. With big windows under water. All the native fish would be mine and I would never have to do water changes.
                Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Working...
                X