Fluval 405 help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fluval 405 help!!

So I just did my cleaning of my 405 and prior to this it worked fine. Cleaned the media, etc and then went to go connect everything. When I snap it back into place and pull down the flow lever no water is filling up the canister. After messing with it for awhile and still no luck I filled up the canister with tank water to the top and tried plugging it in. All I hear is grinding. There is no flow even though the canister is full of water. Is this an impeller problem? I pulled it out and checked it, I did not see anything wrong with it. Put a little lube, still nothing. My impeller cover does has a missing clip but its always had that and worked fine. What should I do?

Its a siphon issue, this happens. Make sure u haven't lost the siphon from your intake side.
    5 gal baby hecqui grow out
    7 gal baby compressicps
    14 bio cube fry tank, multies-orange leleupi-telmatochromis
    4 tank rack- 30 cubes. Shellies, mulities-brevis-telmatochromis-caudopunctaus
    100 gal mixed community tank
    125 Tropheus black bembas

Tanngankia cichlids what else

Comment

What i do to quickly start a siphon is, take the hose that is the inlet and suck on it to quickly start the siphon. Quickly put back on motor houseing and tighted back up. Their primer pump deal suck to start a siphon as its a single valve and traps air in return hose. After you prime drain hose and its all hooked back up open valve and the force of the drain will push all the air out of cannister. Once the return stops spiting aire out turn back on and it will be good to go.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
      Mpimbwe Karema
      WC Zaire Blue Moba M'Toto
      Red Festae

Comment

i don't sh

Comment

Working...
        X