Nitrate Levels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nitrate Levels

ok.  anymore info on it?  lol. what exactly do you do to the water that it filters?  chems or anything?  how come i never heard of this carbon bottle?  hum?

Comment

Nothing...no chems no nothing. Since I been using this I have not lost a fish and dont treat my water.

Comment

so y does everyone use RO water instead of this thing?  and y havent i ever heard about it. seriuolsy

Comment

I found out on accident

Comment

hum well i gotta get me one of those.  is it rated at flow like an RO and like i said , if its cheaper and easyier and better than RO why is everyone usin RO?  dont make since.  but sereiuosly . u figure out that 290 filter place let us or me konw.  290 is long. lol

Comment

The carbon canister filters out chemical impurities in the water, i.e chlorine, nitrates, things that make the water smell funny. The reason you probably never heard of it is, getting it for aquarium use is impractical unless you need ALOT of dechlorinated water straight from the tap but other people use it for household reasons. Thats the main purpose in using it. And for the cost, its more practical to get an R/o, that takes out the dissolved organics as well.  For home use, I would much rather go with the R/O unit. If I was on city water at the shop I would definantly go with the carbon cannister. So really, it would depend on use and application.
              Resident BUM !!!

Comment

Reverse osmossis is more extensive filtration the just a carbon filter.

Cheaper but not better so to speak.....
                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Plus with RO you waste more water then water you will use.

A carbon bottle has zero water loss!

Comment

We can do this all night.... There are benefits and drawbacks, good and bad, yin and yang to EVERYTHING. I think its time for a group hug.....
                    Resident BUM !!!

Comment

no group hugs...handshake is better

Comment

I don't know about this hugging either.
                        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

WOW !!!! You guys agreed on something !!!! PArTY TIME !!!!
                          Resident BUM !!!

Comment

I guess I am getting to old because I like simple things.
                            When I had salt tanks and occationally tested for NO3 (Never have tested in fresh,,what for?), the results were 1 or 2 ppm with a heavy fish load. BUT ,I also had a lot of caulerpa, the plants soaked up NO3 like a sponge.
                            Without plants NO3 went to 50 /80 ppm .
                            PS; th plants will take out PO4 and CO2 at the same time as NO3- it is sort of magic. The pH of the salt tanks would be 8.2 in the morning and 8.7 in the evening after the CO2 was removed ( inspite of alkalinity ).

Comment

:wink: ....i want to see the group hug thing.......

Comment

watch those hugs.  ek will get inthe middle. lol.

well i think if i could get a carbon bottle that would be great for me cause i use alot of tap water from the city.  RO units are slow and i dont have patents.  i like to fill up quick and be done.  delock you find that name of the place yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X