A new tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new tank

What should I put in this tank? I have a few assorted red grass guppies in it just to give some movement....but they are not permanent occupents...Any suggestions? I have some more of this petrified wood if any one wants some.
    Last edited by lilmissruffcountry; 07-14-2009, 09:49 AM. Reason: picture issues
    BEWARE Guard GUPPIES On Duty!

Comment

Fogive me, I'm usually very positive, but when I first saw this pic...I thought of a grave yard. The stones look like head stones. Maybe its just the lighting or lack of a background. Please don't be mad at me.
      Raul
      PokerFace

Comment

Your kinda right...lol....Thats one of the reasons I want a little help. I like the way it looks but it also lacks something, besides fishes. I need a backdrop, but dunno what color, an yes my pics do really suck, it looks a little better in person.

Originally posted by rrocket2002 View Post
        Fogive me, I'm usually very positive, but when I first saw this pic...I thought of a grave yard. The stones look like head stones. Maybe its just the lighting or lack of a background. Please don't be mad at me.

Comment

How many gallons is the tank?
          "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Just a 10g, an I have another 10 gal with black gravel...no plants or rocks...so this is really a plea for two tanks fish an decor help

Originally posted by Mzungu View Post
            How many gallons is the tank?

Comment

you should turn ur tank into something like this

Sell, Trade, Want or Need Fish, Plants, Corals, Inverts, etc. If it's alive, post it here.

it looks nice

Comment

That looks nice, but then I wouls have to change everything down to the gravel. I do need to put some more plants in it though...think that would help to brighten it up some

Originally posted by molocha View Post
                you should turn ur tank into something like this

Sell, Trade, Want or Need Fish, Plants, Corals, Inverts, etc. If it's alive, post it here.

it looks nice

Comment

I like the black substrate; always have. I'd match it with a black background.

I had the same graveyard impression upon first sight. It's the shape of the large rock on the right. I'd break that up with a plant just in front of the left corner that goes all the way up the rock. Then add another smaller plant on the right corner. Put the plant on the left so it wraps around the rock, covering part of the front, as well as the back. Put the plant on the right more in front of the rock, just to the right. That will break up that rock and, hopefully, alter its shape.

The problem with the rocks is that you have two large ones of about the same thickness and then a bunch of smaller ones. There's no graduation in between. These rocks also have very strong vertical lines so any tilting between them is very obvious.

I'd consider breaking the large rock on the far left to create more of a medium sized one so it won't compete with the main rock. If you can't, then break it up with plants as I mentioned before. The stark color will blend better as algae begins to grow which will help. If you can turn that rock so it won't have such a flat top would help. The flat top is unnatural. Turn it around to give it a more natural top.

I'd use no more than 2 or 3 of the smaller rocks, and put them in a triangular grouping with medium plants behind and smaller plants in front. I would not lay one down sideways as that disrupts the strong vertical lines.
                  Vicki

• 90g Planted - Journal - New Pics Mar23
                  • 75g Planted - Journal (on PT)
                  • 29g Planted - Journal
                  • 29g Planted
                  • 5g Planted RCS

Comment

I did a quick mock-up of a tank with some plants and your rocks. I made the rock on the left smaller, as if you had broken it. I also chipped off some of the corners. Notice how the plants help take away from the starkness of the rocks.

I also turned the rocks so they were facing "inward" towards the center of the tank.

This is just a quick photoshop job, but, hopefully, it gets the idea across.

Attached Files
                    Vicki

• 90g Planted - Journal - New Pics Mar23
                    • 75g Planted - Journal (on PT)
                    • 29g Planted - Journal
                    • 29g Planted
                    • 5g Planted RCS

Comment

+1 hollyween theme!!!

Comment

K so if I add some more plants...trying to find some "snail free" kinds, an put a black backdrop in.......without removing any rocks/wood, cause it is really petrified wood. What do you think would be a good candidate to be in this tank. I have hard water, an HIGH ph. I thought tetras, maybe a few danio an a trio of cory cats.....what ya'll think. What fish would you put in? And how many?

Comment

Here's an idea:
                          Glass fish (natural, not dyed or tattooed), glass catfish (Asian and/or African), glass knife and Xray tertas? It will look like a bunch of skeletal fish swimming around. Man, if could do another tank, that's what I'd do.
                          PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

Originally posted by Nickintex View Post
                            Here's an idea:
                            Glass fish (natural, not dyed or tattooed), glass catfish (Asian and/or African), glass knife and Xray tertas? It will look like a bunch of skeletal fish swimming around. Man, if could do another tank, that's what I'd do.
                            OOOh, a school of glass cats and glass fish would look cool. Don't know about the glass knife, though. I've not heard of it, but i wouldn't put a knife in a 10g...
                            "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Originally posted by Mzungu View Post
                              Don't know about the glass knife, though. I've not heard of it, but i wouldn't put a knife in a 10g...
                              PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

Working...
                              X