No announcement yet.

Rams Horn Snails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He eats small comets - 45 a week. I give him 4 to 6 a day. Keep them in seperate tank with no substrate. The 50 he is in was originally a planted tank but I removed all plants and majority of substrate. If these have come from that these things are reproductive machines! LOL
    1 - 29 gal - Breeding Pair Green Terror w/fry
    1 - 29 Gal -Two white saum green terror
    1 - 75 gal - Pleco & Green Terror
    1 - 75 gal - 25+ Green terror, Botia
    1 - 100 gal - Community Tetras & Barbs & clown loaches & LG pleco
    1-120 gal - Frontosas, & Blood Parrot & Green Terror, 2 LG plecos

Comment

Good luck with assasin snails and loaches. I spent $200.00 on this stuff and it did not work.never did clown loaches though. I hear they work great. Before that I tried the trets. spent $200.00 more on them. But I do love that fish. nope. But the rhoadesi now they eat snails big time. Trapping works to keep the numbers down though. If these snails numbers get to high they put a higher bio load on the tank than your fish. Just trying to help.

Trophs & Petros ONLY

Comment

I ended up with pond snails in my plant holding tank, and they multiplied like mad. At the time, I didn't have any fish in there so I wasn't putting any food in the tank so that wasn't the cause. It got so bad that I literally had about a dozen snails per square inch! It was unbelievable!

I was thinking of getting assassin snails, but then I finally found my Zebra loaches. In 2 weeks, they had cleaned that tank of all pond snails! It was amazing how well they did. I now have them in my 75g, and I've only found one pond snail in it so far, and it was hiding on top of a floating leaf so the loaches couldn't get to him.
        Vicki

• 90g Planted - Journal - New Pics Mar23
        • 75g Planted - Journal (on PT)
        • 29g Planted - Journal
        • 29g Planted
        • 5g Planted RCS

Comment

Yea I think if you have fish in the tank and you feed them they will not eat the snails near as well.
          Put 1 rhoadesia in the sump for the 300 gal pond this weekend it's loaded with snails so we will know in a week.

this is the sump we will see how many snails are left in a week. You can't see the fish they always hide in there.
          Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
          Last edited by fshfrk; 07-19-2009, 04:08 PM.

Trophs & Petros ONLY

Comment

i've used small clown loaches to get rid of mts before. I asume bigger ones could take care of a pond snail problem.
            ‎Haiku's are easy
            But sometimes they don't make sense
            Refrigerator

Comment

I put a fan tail gold fish in my 75 to clear the snails there and so far so good - all are gone and the fronts leave it alone. I'm afraid to try him in the 50 because if Spotty can unhinge his jaw that big that goldfish will be LUNCH! I just have to find something larger than his mouth!

Comment

Follow up note: I put a larger fan tail in the 50 G and he became a snack.
                So I bought a green spotted puffer - he had a time for about a day - he now lives alone in a 29G because the clownknife thought he was a more tasty morsel than his feeders! So now I pick out a few snails here and there and give them to the puffer.
                He really likes snails.

Comment

Working...
                X