Tank Update / Cory Feeding ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tank Update / Cory Feeding ?

I decided to turn on the light and feed my new corys this evening. At first they all hid behind the plants, but that only lasted about three seconds after I dropped in the food. This is the best picture I could get without turning on my flash; my camera's flash is legendarily referred to as "the atomic flash" in my family, and I didn't think the corys would appreciate that. So, here they are chowing down on what's left of the food.

My question is: does/has anybody else feed their corys sinking wafers (I'm specifically using Hikari sinking wafers)? I read several places that said they were good for corys, but it sure seems to take them a while to break up enough for the corys to eat them.
    Last edited by Darkwynd; 08-26-2009, 08:25 PM.
    - 7 neon tetra

10g:
    - 1 long-finned zebra danio
    - 3 black bristle nose pl*cos

shrimp pellets are supposed to be good for them too....there's all kinds on the market...but I find it difficult to see what they are actually eating for sure....let me know if you find something they really enjoy....

thanks for posting....

CF
    Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

you could break the wafers into pieces before dropping them in...

Comment

Mine eat anything, but I've just been feeding them flakes for the past year or so. They've eaten Hikari wafers, shrimp pellets, NLS pellets, frozen bloodworms, brine shrimp...pretty much anything I've had for fish food they've eaten. :)

Like JStrider said, you could break them up and that could help them break down faster so the cories could eat them. But they should be all right. They're not too picky. :)
        "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Working...
        X