Rowdy fish - weather change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rowdy fish - weather change?

Anybody else's fish being super rowdy lately?

A couple of our tanks have been getting really rowdy in the last few days. I'm constantly hearing splashing on the surface, even while the lights are off. And between last night and this morning, I had to get up and go into the other room to make sure no one had come out onto the floor 5 TIMES because I heard them bang the lid so hard it lifted up and banged back down! Once I get in there, all the fish are just looking at me like 'What?'. I know it's them because I can see where they splash water out onto the floor.

It's the trophs doing all the splashing (they are fighting a lot, I've caught them locking up), but it's our big, dirty SA Cichlids who are popping the lid.
    Our Fishhouse
    Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Nope....my fronts are always quiet, and the Chimba are being treated for bloat right now....so they are not very spunky at this time....I have not noticed any out of character behaviour in any of the rest of our kids.....

CF
    Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Lucky...

I do have a lone Front in that tank who is too mean to live with the other Fronts (we call him 'The Godfather') and even he has been moody. He's keeping that purple-ish, I-Want-To-Breed color most of the time. He really doesn't mess with anyone in this tank though. But maybe he's the one stirring things up.
      Our Fishhouse
      Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

The fish sense changes in barometric pressure a lot more than we do as fronts come and go. This is why based upon weather patterns they can make fishing predictions...good or not to go and get the "Fish-on!!"
        380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
        300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
        180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
        150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Comment

i think they're searching the geeks house at night for hidden christmas presents......)

Comment

Our Discus have been splashing the top every night just after lights out for about two weeks.
            Experiencing an aquatic renaissance!

Comment

my bass are always jumping...

Comment

Originally posted by geoff_tropheus View Post
                The fish sense changes in barometric pressure a lot more than we do as fronts come and go. This is why based upon weather patterns they can make fishing predictions...good or not to go and get the "Fish-on!!"
                +1

I always catch more fish right after a front passes. I know a zebra plec. breeder in NY whose fish always have spawns after a low passes his house.

Maybe that's why Casey Curry is a fish nerd.

Mark
                What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

Working...
                X